• Tweets

• Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
    • I'm afraid that I have tried downloading it three times and each time I am getting an error message. Would you mind scanning it again please and uploading it again. I understand that JK has managed to open it but others may not. Thanks
    • I can see that.   In this case, I'd email both that receipt and your tracking label to evri's small claims email and say that is the information you have.   They'll figure it out from there I'm sure
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Angel Advance DMP Provider Elderly Relative needs help/advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not saying you pay them...

just send the CCA requests for him ...only £1 each vould save £1000's in wiping out cash cow debts

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have no idea who he owes money to tbh, just know it is a lot of people so cost a fair bit for all the CCA requests, will try and get him to do it but not hold my breath, think he is set on going with stepchange

TIA

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

post 7

doesn't matter if hes going to them

you can still CCA and then get them to stop payment to each that fails the 12+2 working day legal time limit..as simple as that!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 years later...

Hi,

a elderly relative has asked for help, he has no computer or anything like that as he has no idea  about them!

They just informed me he has been with Angel Advance DM for a few years and he told them all the debts he had including finance on a car, they sorted  everything out from what I gather and the car is now fully paid   for,

the problem is Angel Advance had told him they have personal stuff on him including the fact the car is fully paid for and they are also  accusing him of having a mobile phone they say is £10 a month, surely they can not do this?

I have said for him to write and get a SAR?

he is totally upset and angry and they said he must now pay £170 a month to them,

he is about to retire and lives in a one bed HA flat, any advice for what he can do please, I have no clue

Thank you

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Yes, defo a SAR.

Also ask for an up to date statement.

If he was in an IVA they usually last five years and then he is out of it, though some IVA's will want a final payment of somesort , I am not an expert.

Find out what date he started and when it is due to finish.

Also. Find out who tge creditors are and write to each of them asking for a copy of the original credit agreement.

When they cant produce one there is an opportunity to stop paying the IVA.

it is not a IVA just a  DMP, he has been with Angel for years, they took over from  his original DMP who were 123 Debt Solutions

How much are Angel charging for their services ? Ask them how much they are keeping from the payments your relative is paying them.

Relative should look to cancel DMP with Angel, but before they do this,  the exact debt information needs to be found out. So an SAR is first step to Angel and then get info from each of the owners of the current debts.

Having a mobile is pretty essential these days. Angel should not be putting your relative into a hardship situation.

Government have introduced new Moneyhelper service, which you may want your relative to contact by phone to see if they can access local help.

WWW.MONEYHELPER.ORG.UK

MoneyHelper: free and impartial help with money and pensions. Formerly Money Advice Service, The Pension Advisory Service and...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just stop paying them totally and ignore them. Cancel the DD to them now 

123 debt solutions were one of the biggest fee scammers out there and were closed and fined by the authorities years ago 

Yes send them an SAR 

Sorry he has been had blind, 99% of all his payments would have gone to their monthly fee which is why it's taken years and years to settle stuff 

Dx

and they

told him to ask for a SAR and ask how much debt etc he has, he pays Angel by standing order, only phone he has is a works phone but they told him they have a lot personal stuff on him, how?

not sure what you mean by personal stuff EXPAND.

stop the standing order NOW.

dx

and they

hi dx,

they said they know he has now paid for the car and they seem think he has a phone of his own, 

did ask him but he got upset,

all he said they are demanding he now increases his payment to £170 a month,

he pays full rent and c/t etc, on a national wage.

I have no idea what personal stuff they have on him, he is a bit hard to talk to at times, I will try my best see if he will expand futher

Look just tell him to cancel to the standing order and ignore them!!;

Tell him to stop talking on the phone too 

They will lie simply to get free money from him 

They have both scammed him for years 

Be firm 

Dx

and they

he does not phone them and far as know they DO NOT have his works phone number, I will tell him to cancel S/O and ignore them, he will then though surely get letters from his creditors?

• dx100uk changed the title to Angel Advance DMP Provider Elderly Relative needs help/advice please

and i bet after all these years the debts were never enforceable or owed in the 1st place but sold to DCA's years ago.

old and new threads from 2018 merged

now go back and read from post 1 again

we said 5yrs ago to stop paying these scam artists.

dx

and they

that is a different person dx but thanks,    soon as I can talk to relative about this I will, he still works full time , 

how weird the same 2 firms. angel advance and 123.

and they

yes I thought that, lol, funny I know a few  who are with this company!

The  relative is concerned now about the pile of crap mail he is bound to get from creditors for no payments

Well I suspect most are now owned by DCA's and are very historic in terms of when he originally took each out?

I would doubt any were/are actually enforceable.

You need to read a good few threads in this debt help forum then help him .not blind leading the blind.

Dx

and they