• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Angel Advance DMP Provider Elderly Relative needs help/advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been asked to see if anyone knows anything about a company called Angel Advance?

Person who asked me to find out was with 123 Debt solutions and never missed a payment etc, was paying them £37 every 2 weeks but they then transfer person to Angel Advance as 123 stopped doing debt

After asking for up to date details Angel has now told person he must now pay nearly £500 a month to them! :o

I told him to find out why as he only earns around £1,000 a month and his partner gets a pension every 4 weeks of £500, they pay £117 a week rent (HA ) and c/t £135 a month

They have no paper work for the debts far as I know, was asked to see if anyone here knows what they should do?

He can pay up to £100 a month if need be, they owe just over £51k, I did not pry too much

I will try and find out more info if I can

TIA

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

yes HB,

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

not me fk, trying to help someone I know

he is not good with money, hence why he has huge debts, know he was with 123 for a long time

I wonder how much they have taken from him :(

He needs to stop paying a DMP - Stepchange and Payplan bother offer free services... And the Money Advice Service is also a good stop by :)

MAybe suggest those?

Also who does he owe debts too?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

ty fk, he owes money to,

1ST Credit,

Anglian water,

Barclays

Cabot , 6 accounts they have, cap one, Idem (2) JD Williams, Lowell,

5 gone to Moorcroft,

2 with NCO Europe,

2 with Robinson Way and

one with Westcot credit

nearly £52k he owes

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

for Christ sake tell him to stop paying them

deal with the debts [iF they are all enforceable!!] himself!!!

read me!!

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?479350-old-stepchange-dmp-cant-afford-payments-now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will tell him dx, he said he has asked Stepchange and payplan for advise

Doubt he will have a clue how to do them himself, he is crap with money :/

he is waiting to hear from the free DMP , he is now fretting as he said been told he may lose his house? He has never missed a payment and is in fact in credit, he is in HA property

Getting fed up now as I am not well atm

he rents fro a HA, No it was not Angel who said it but another company , he got me going round in circles atm. I feel crap right now, :/

Just what i was going to suggest - I have a question... How is he going to lose his house if he is renting from a HA?

As long as his rent is up to date then shouldnt really be an issue :)

Come get him to sign up and get some #CAGTherapy...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

he does not have a computer and would have no idea how to use on !

Yes his rent is up to date, in fact it is in credit

no, he has a phone but it has no internet :/

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

He has asked stepchange for help but is now concerned as been told that they close your bank account? he only has a normal one with no overdraft, he has his wages paid into it and all his bliis are paid from it

I said I would ask, also stepchange have asked why his wages are different to what he first stated, he has told them his wages can vary each week as if he works overtime he gets bit more money, he is contracted for 45 hours and was on £7.50 a hour even for overtime and weekends

I am sorry for all this and be glad when he is sorted!

TIA

Sandy xx

not sure where the rubbish came from about stepchange closing your bank account!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nor me dx, lol

why don't you wack off some CCA request for him>

get some of these cash cow accounts wiped off?

and they

aint doing any more for him DX, he is old enough do it, he is 58! acts like a child and plus he has no spare money

well for about £10-15 total you could wipe out £1000's ofdebt he is blindly paying...

might be a nice gesture

then he will have money ...

rather than getting fleeced blind by the DMP too!!

and they

why would I want pay his debts? I only have a pension and he is nothing to do with me lol, so is stepchange not a good idea for him?

I have told him last time I try and help him, he owes so much money