Cabot Full and Final Offer Reponse? joint LLoyds OD bank account

Riggers0162
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anybody advise on this?

This is another debt Cabot are chasing it’s from an old joint account from before my divorce

it’s an outstanding debt for £486 and has to be paid,

old Lloyd’s account (3 years old) sold to Cabot

I received the letter from Lloyd’s along with Cabot’s first letter.

This one I wanted to clear up to finally get rid of them so offered them £250 full and final settlement to close the account.

I haven’t sent CCA as I’ve also been speaking with Lloyd’s

they sent me my original agreement but I’ve been arguing about interest and they sent to Cabot (not been a priory to me this one due to figure)

They sent this reply?

It seems very vague?

I am right in thinking this looks odd or has anybody received anything similar?

I can confirm that a settlement arrangement is now in place on your account for a final payment of £250.00, payment to be received no later than the 30th March 2018

I can also confirm that once your account has been settled, Cabot Financial will not sell the remaining balance, nor will its agents or subsidiary companies take any further action to recover or enforce the debt.

Please be advised that payment can be made via the following link https://www.cabotfinancial.co.uk/payment/validate or over the phone via Debit Card.

If you are making payment direct to our bank account please allow for 2-3 days when making your payment.

I have included our bank details below;

Please be advised our banking details are as follows:“

Any advice much appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

As this is so recent its tempting

Is this defaulted on your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, by Lloyds as they apparently didn’t have a forwarding address for me and the ex wife ignored letters (joint account) but just had enough of Cabot!

It’s taken 2 years battling a £6,000 debt which they finally they wrote to me (last week) confirming they couldn’t provide the CCA!

This is the final debt with them so would rather get this off the desk!

I just feel the wording isn’t very clear?

so the debt is not in cabots name on the credit file yet?

and you settling it does kill the debt as its a joint debt, they could still go after your ex

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes debt isn’t in Cabot’s name yet?

I have had a letter (from Lloyd’s) stating Lloyd’s have now assigned this to Cabot?

My offer is to settle the full outstanding?

However if they agree to just settle my liability I’m fine with that?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes but it doesn't remove you from further court cases sadly

it called joint liability

theres another thread here that explains it i'll find it later

and they

Oh really?

I don’t understand?

I’ve asked that the account be closed and actually received this today..so I could still end up in court?

Thought this may be the end of it!

“ am writing in regards to the settlement of your account and apologise you did not get your questions confirmed.

I am pleased to confirm that we will accept £250.00 as final settlement of this account, payment to be received no later than 30th March 2018.

We would respectfully request that you contact us prior to the agreed settlement date, to confirm acceptance of the approved settlement offer. You can either call us on the number provided below, email us at [email protected] or alternatively write to us at Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, PO Box No. 241, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4NA.

The relevant Credit Reference Bureaux will be updated to show that this account has a zero balance and is partially settled with us. Please bear in mind that this can take up to six weeks from the clearance of your payment. If for any reason your payment is not received by this date, the arrangement will be cancelled and the full balance will become due for payment.

I can also advise we will not pass this debt on to any other associate company or take any further action.

I trust that this is sufficient for your records and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

and they

Definitely a joint account?...not an authorised second user ? what type of account/debt is this ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread