better deal for a New Customer - can i ....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, struggled where to post this, i had tried looking about but couldn't really find anything that said it worked. So basically 2 questions really

So i'm curious - New customer offers, can your partner sign up and be treated as a new customer? If you already have an account with them youself.

Also if it is possible, would you then be able to link a cashback site to that a new customer offer.

Wasn't sure if they count the household as a customer. Its just our internet deal is due to run out end of this month.

Thanks

Debatable......same surname ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Which company are you dealing with? I would have expected that the offer would be targeted at a particular individual. If there was ever any question of conflict which led to court action then I'm sure the court action would be against or by a particular individual

So not married same address...then its treated as a new customer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

doesn't matter who pays it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do exactly the same with Plusnet every 2 years.

I originally took out the contract in my name. 2 years on, other halfs name as a new customer. 2 years on, back in my name as a new customer again (after the 2 years you're a newbie once again). Current contract runs out on 19th of this month, so it'll be back in to the other halfs name, once again on a new customer deal. Always paid for from the same account too. All they want is the money each month, they won't care where it comes from.

All without any interruption in service and without changing telephone numbers etc.

It's playing the system to a certain extent, but the providers don't really care. They'd rather keep your custom (even on a better deal) than see you go to another provider.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

That's actually prompted me to look at the Plusnet website.

I'm about to be saving another £4 a month and on a 1 year, instead of 2 year contract. That's a bonus :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Update:

Just phoned Plusnet and they wouldn't go for it this time. I could cancel my account and put in the other halfs name as a new customer, but that would've meant that I'd have been without internet for 2 or 3 weeks.

I have though managed to secure a deal (same speeds etc) that saves me £3.30 a month on a 12 month contract by talking to the retentions department rather than the sales droid, so it's not all bad news :-D

I dont ever accept the first answer or sometimes even the 2nd answer a CuSe rep tells me, often it's the computer says no scenario so moving up a tier on the complaints level usually draws a human that has access to work round the system to find a viable solution.

My ISP fell for renewal end of last month, I called them as you do, they couldnt offer me a deal as I'd signed up for an 18mth Contract with them, I pointed them to an email sent a year before that gave me a 12month contract, they couldn't see it, wouldnt acknowledge so I redialled and raised it to a complaint...a few calls later and I got a deal that gave me another 12 months at reduced rate and a confirmation email again to confirm, if at first you don't success try and try and then bludgeon them into submission.

As for new customers, in my case yes, each year we do it with House Insurance, it's paid and my partner is on the insurance as joint owner, each year the renwal comes in higher without exception (this year it was 10% increase) so my partner ask for a new policy and was given it inclusive of the usual new customer discount and it returned it to a price less than the renwal and almost the same as last years (just a little less) Next year it will be me as the named Policy Holder, it's been this way for around a decade now. The only drawback I can see is that you lose a no claims discount but for me it's about the price, so if by signing up each year gives us a discount less than the renewal then thats what we'll do and do ....do so to speak.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.