EE ombusman and picture message charges via samsung handsets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive recently found that EE been charging me for pic messages for long texts.

Had it happen before sorted it with EE repaid me for them and told me they would block it from happenning again...

That was last year ..

Noticed again it happenning so contacted to ask EE why it still happening..

..they then blamed my phone and its apparently on their website that Samsung modeks and i phone change texts to MMS or pic message after 160 character i now know.

Complained and had deadlock within 15 mins on chat with EE .....

Ombudsman say EE offer to refund and add extras as in pic messages to contract to cover it in future which i refused on grounds they did not resolve from last year abd it should be everyone getting this as they are charging for sonething you not using...

Ombudsman used the handset as being the reason for being charged for pic message not text and upheld for EE.

...I then asked for proof its handset as surely if it handset then it could possibly say a phone call was not that but booking a holiday ????

Phones do not decide what EE charge you EE do....

Ombudsman then replied they cannot comment on handset abilities as not in their remit ...

I put complaint into ombudsman based on they decided in EE favour based on handset abilities but cannot all of a sudden as it not in their remit ????

Been to and fro for while now they cannot see im being charged for something im not using

they also cannot seem to see the fact they base decision on handset doing the issue but cant say anything about handset when i questioned them...

As EE have fobbed me off first time around and continued to charge me for pic messages i wanted outcome of contract cancelled no further charge to myself which is 13 months into 18 month contract .....also refund of all charges ...

Im not getting any of that even with outcome they offered to settle with as a gesture of goodwill mind i would have been out of pocket still for their wrongful charges...

Do not know where to turn now other than legal ...

Anyone else had same issues please do tell or of using iphones or samsungs on EE see on your bills check check and check again.....

Ombudsman im afraid are a massive let down here totally not impartial in thus case in my opinion....

Anyone got any ideas i can use now to contact EE higher up than their exec suite that seem to be all you can get to

.....gotta be higher level to speak to ....

Im not convinced phone charge you for use either surely its server side they see what you use ?

Any help would be appreciated want to try get better outcome before legal side

Thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Can you tell us who supplied the phone? Did you buy independently or was it supplied by EE as part of a service contract.

Unfortunately it seems to be very common for the Ombudsman to side with the supplier rather than the customer as we found out. A complaint is taken on board by the first tier in the Ombudsman's defence against consumers. Only then if the consumer kicks up enough fuss is the complaint sent onto the actual Ombudsman who then makes a decision.

Unfortunately it seems to be very common for the Ombudsman to side with the supplier rather than the customer as we found out. A complaint is taken on board by the first tier in the Ombudsman's defence against consumers. Only then if the consumer kicks up enough fuss is the complaint sent onto the actual Ombudsman who then makes a decision.

They have had a reply from me pointing out that they made their decision based on handset ability to charge me so ive asked them why they feel it cant comment on same handset ability when ive asked proof of this....

Any ideas on where i can go after this im not settling until i get resolve either way

.....I might even pay their office a visit ....

you will have to challenge the decision as being "perverse".

There are 3 levels of action at the ombudsman, level 1 is by unqualified customer service type people, level 2 by people with experiance but no legal qualification and the third level by the ombudsmans legal team.

Generally you are time limited to object to their decisions so if you want to try and force this you must ahve started the complanit to the hgher levels in the right time frame (14 days), the other thing is that you appear to me to have caused some of the confuion and thus problems by accepting any talk about the phone rather than sticking to just the service and contract terms

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added spacing