Sofology Brand New Leather Sofa is Sagging

Marlene30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are looking for advice prior to emailing Sofology.

We purchased a 3 seater, 2 seater and 2 leather chairs which were delivered on Friday 9th March 2018.

We paid 1,000 deposit and 4,097.00 both by credit card prior to delivery which was initially 5th March but delayed until 9th March due to the weather.

This is now 13th March and although we have only sat on the 2 recliners for a period of 12 hours in total they have puddled where we have been sitting. The arms of the sofas are creased and the delivery man told us that they should come out within a 6 week period.

Looking for advice on what we should input before emailing them.

We did call their Customer Service and were told to email.

Not happy with a 5,097.00 leather sofa set that sags, all still have the tags on.

Did you buy the furniture online or in a store?

If you consider that they are defective then you have within the first 30 days under the Consumer Rights Act the short-term right to reject. This means that you should inform the seller of the defect and that you are invoking your rights under the consumer rights act and that you require either a refund or a replacement at your option.

I suggest that you do this anyway straightaway because even if you eventually decide not to go down that route, at least you have reserved your position.

Can you tell us how you bought the furniture please

Okay. The important thing is the delivery date which is the date that the contract is complete. You say that it was delivered this month so you are well within 30 days.

Then in the letter that I have suggested and also photographs. Don't expect it to be straightforward that you have the consumer rights act on your side if you follow the necessary formalities.

Is the furniture which was delivered to you the display models which you saw or are they different? If they are different then did the ones on display in the store show the same defects? If the ones on display are not the ones you received and if they did not display the defects that I suggest you get round to the store and take photographs of them as quickly as possible so that it is possible to see the difference in quality between the ones they are displaying and the ones which apparently have the defect.

Begin the process of sending the letter as I have advised. Take the photographs which I have advised and then let us know what responses you get from Sofology. Once you have sent the letter you should expect a response within five days. If you can send them an email as well then you should expect a response within 48 hours.

Let us know what happens and we can help you with the next step if it is necessary.

Just to let you know that I received the following response to my email to Sofology: Thank you for your response, I have forwarded this to the Claims Department and asked them to contact you. I took photographs of the puddle marks on the chairs and they have been forwarded to them. Unsure as to whether I can or should attach photographs here or not or whether that is allowed.

You haven't dealt with my question as to whether you have taken the display model. You haven't said whether you will go take photographs of the display model

Apologies, no we did not take the display model. We would not have paid GBP 5,097.00 for a display model. No we have not taken photographs of the display model as there are bound to have been many people who have sat on it since we last saw it in December. As we have several commitments this week it is highly unlikely that we could go to the store until next weekend at the earliest. I am 100% positive, given the cost of the sofa set, that we would have immediately noticed puddle marks on the items on display at the store. Having only sat on the chairs for a couple of hours last night, and having taken photographs about twenty minutes ago today, I am horrified at the puddle marks. I have forwarded the photographs to their Customer Care.

I think that it is in your interest that you should prioritise getting photographs of the display model. If you know somebody who lives in the area then maybe they will do that for you but you want to make it clear to them that you need decent photographs – several of them.

Technically speaking you shouldn't need the photographs – but it will make things much easier and considering the amount of money that is at stake I think I would re-prioritise your week