Teletext holiday cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope you can help, a week ago I paid a deposit of £370 towards an all inclusive holiday in Rhodes due to fly out 1st April. My boyfriend and I have split up and therefore won’t be wanting to go on the holiday together. Does anyone know where I stand in terms of payment of the rest of the holiday (due to be paid in full 25th March) or if I can get a refund of my deposit. Thanks

I'm afraid I think you're going to have a very tough time. These people are extremely unhelpful and they tend to gouge people for any payments regardless of the situation. Even if you found some other friend to go with I can imagine that they would try to hit you with some very unreasonable charges for changing the name. We can probably help you with that, but there might not be much we can do in terms of getting you back your deposit.

What does it say about cancellation? Did you buy the holiday online?

Which company was it and can you post a link to their website

Hi thanks for your reply. I don’t really understand what their cancellation policy is I have tried to contact them by telephone & the phone just rings out without any answer. Online it says: https://ukcontact.center/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/teletext-cancellation-request.png

I booked the holiday on the phone as there wasn’t an option of doing it online. Do you think I will have to pay for the whole holiday even though I’m not going and they will probably sell it to someone else?

Hi thanks for your reply. I don’t really understand what their cancellation policy is I have tried to contact them by telephone & the phone just rings out without any answer. Online it says: https://ukcontact.center/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/teletext-cancellation-request.png

I booked the holiday on the phone as there wasn’t an option of doing it online. Do you think I will have to pay for the whole holiday even though I’m not going and they will probably sell it to someone else?

Those terms state you may have to pay 90% of the holiday cost if you cancel between 8 and 21 days.... keep trying on the phone....

Can you find another person to go with? That might help you mitigate your losses....

Oh gosh, didn’t realise I would have to pay them the rest of the holiday I thought i would just not get back all of the £370 deposit back :jaw: oh no! I haven’t got a friend who’s available at such short notice. Oh well guess am going to have to pay it. Thanks anyway