Leaseholders First Right of Refusal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are a group of leaseholders who are in the process of trying to enfranchise.

We have just discovered a law whereby the leaseholders are supposed to be offered the first right of refusal if the freehold exchanges hands.

Having done some research, our freehold was sold in 1997 and we were not offered it at all.

Our solicitor seems not to comprehend the significance of this ruling and believes we would only have had the right to pursue this during the first 6 months of having discovered it was sold.

Where do we stand now?

Are we able to go to court and purchase the freehold for the price it exchanged hands in 1997 or thereabouts?

Are we able to use this Ruling to our benefit whilst negotiating with our freeholder on the price of the freehold?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by honeybee13
spacing. Date corrected.

Hi

Have a look at this Leasehold Advisory Service link: https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-guide/right-first-refusal/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks, I've looked through this. There is nothing that states it would be time barred and it seems to mostly relate to the timeframe immediately after the disposal of a freehold rather than many years later! That is precisely the information I need - whether we are now time barred.

Just realised I made a mistake in my original post - the freehold was sold in 1997 not 1987.

Thanks, I've looked through this. There is nothing that states it would be time barred and it seems to mostly relate to the timeframe immediately after the disposal of a freehold rather than many years later! That is precisely the information I need - whether we are now time barred.

Just realised I made a mistake in my original post - the freehold was sold in 1997 not 1987.

I've corrected the year for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum