Ebay, parcel force and chinese seller

Abdel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please offer me some advice if any body has any experience or expertise.

My problem is that I bought a chandelier from Chinese seller on ebay on 4/12/17.

I received message soon after I would receive parcel between 4-11 January 18 but was not given any tracking number.

Parcel did not arrive by 11th January. I

assumed because of new year there would be delivery delays.

By 20th still no parcel.

On 21/1/18 I raised an issue with the seller.

He sent me a message that supposedly Parcel Force had attempted to deliver four times, the last time being on 20/1/18.

There was no delivery note ever.

On 22/1/18 i contacted Parcel Force by phone and they told me there was no evidence of any delivery attempt to my post code.

However seller insisted, and supplied a tracking number which effectively showed one attempted delivery before parcel being sent back to china.

At that stage seller wanted to refund my money £167 ( minus postage fee £57).

I did not agree intially and raised a complaint at ebay resolution centre.

After many emails between me and Ebay,

the latter stuck to their guns that the seller had supposedly kept to their part of the baragin and therefore Ebay could not compel the seller to refund anything at all.

That effectively meant the seller gets to keep their chandelier which they confirmed that they received back and the whole of my money.

Ebay finds this 'reasonable' apparently.

Since then I have contacted seller again to accept their intiall offer of some refund but now they are ignsoring my emails.

I am disgusted by Ebay.

Kindly help me recover my money.

Abdel

Edited by dx100uk
some info + wrong spacing - dx

how do you pay you PP account?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Did you pay with your credit card but via PayPal? If so, that could cause difficulties with s75 chargeback which I think DX may be alluding to.

If you didn't use PayPal, you can get your money back through your credit card issuer.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would suggest that you raise a complaint with Ebay and at the same time contact PayPal and see if they can do anything. Paypay do have a resolutions process you can follow. Ensure that you send copies of any proof you have.

If you do get any money back, immediately withdraw it from your PayPal account (if you have one)

Because Paypal are an intermediary you would have great difficulty claiming from your credit card issuer.

In the end, you may be stuck with a refund (minus postage) but it's always worth pushing.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE