natwest overdraft debt

rintyrad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of years back i was in a mess financially. countless pay day loans etc, there got to a stage where even the pay day loans wouldnt lend to me as i assume my credit score was too bad.

Now i hadnt been able to get an overdraft or anything for years, natwest suddenly offered out of the blue a 2500 pound overdraft, i obviously took it and then managed to top it up up to about 3700 over about a year.

I was on the edge of my overdraft each month and i was paying around 150-200 pounds each month to keep myself below the overdraft limit each time i got paid.

in the end i assume they had had enough and told me they were taking away the overdraft and i had to pay them immediately. i obviously couldnt afford to do that.

I thought i'd chance my arm at an irresponsible lending claim but they flat out refused.

Is it worth taking to the financial ombudsman do we think?

thanks for your help

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell me more about all these PDLs you had. I saw the one about Square Today - I do not know what to suggest on that one...

As for the FOS - Go for it - It is free to do so...

Do it differently though - Go down the Hardship route and include elements of IRL

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I'd say that it's irresponsible borrowing on your part.

Nobody seems responsible for their own actions these days.

Agree but Natwest have more access to info about transactions etc and so can make a more defined decision about who to lend to... If they have maxed out someones overdraft after they had already hit the limit then that should have been the end of it and no further lending should have taken place.

It is on the onus of the Lender to do stringent checks and verify affordability.

Natwest could do so very easily. Its very difficult for someone to get their expenditure wrong etc when the person who is lending is the bank that you bank with :)

So anyway :) Be nice to the OP and be constructive - not restrictive :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yes go after NatWest

IMHO a good case there

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope where can I view that.

In regards to the square today thing I just don’t know where to turn I logged a complaint with credit expert thy said they have contacted the lender. But there not going to get a response if they’re shut down

If they dont get a response then you can ask that they remove it :)

And they should comply...

Link is in my signature and also in post #7 :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Probably best to just keep this thread dealing exclusively with the NW overdraft Problem ...overdrafts can be recalled at anytime as per the terms and conditions of the offered facility...without reason.

I doubt you will get anywhere with the FOS/irresponsible lending.

Have you made alternative banking arrangements away from the RBS group ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Getting mixed signals some saying do it others saying not do it.

Yes this was a couple of years ago I bank elsewhere now

Andyorch is right - They are able to call it in under T&Cs however there is a slight caveat to that in that they shouldn't be allowed to extend your OD if you already have gone over a certain amount in debit over a defined period.

I reclaimed for Lloyds but i went the Hardship route and it took 3 years to get a result with numerous head buttings... All i would say is that it is free to raise a complaint but make your complaint worth it as if you supply the evidence then the FOS usually rules in favour of the complainant

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Getting mixed signals some saying do it others saying not do it.

Yes this was a couple of years ago I bank elsewhere now

Good stuff......so what has happened with this overdraft in the meantime ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

whats its defaulted date?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The overdraft is closed the account is closed it’s just a debt on my credit file now

Okay...and is it still with Rats Nest ? or assigned to a DCA ?

Andy

• 9 months later...

ombudsman said there was no wrong doing in this, just thought id update. i dont think ive ever had anyone chase me for this debt since it was defaulted. natwest dont update the account anymore on my credit file but the default is obviously there. just curious who do they normally sell these debts to. just wondering if ill ever be chased for it.

Which DCA is dealing ?

ans post 17/20...……..

and they

default date is 31/12/2015 and its with a debt collector

The overdraft is closed the account is closed it’s just a debt on my credit file now

So whose name is against it on your Credit file ? NW may not have sold the debt...they normally instruct the likes of Wetcloths to chase but dont assign it to them.

Andy

no harm in ringing NW and asking??

there is no 'set' dca they sell too

only whomever the fleecer is that buys the debt portfolio you are in.

and they