Company created an audiobook with problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I paid a narrator to do my audio book and he did a great job. I then had a company put the book on to 5 C.D's which they did, I have an issue and wondered what I should do next.

All the C.D's are fine and the audio in the right order etc, the trouble is on each C.D it says track one two and 3 etc, but on one of the C.D's it has some obscure bands name come up, their album name and track title, obviously this was meant for someone else's C.D. My audio book is on there and not the bands, but it does not look good on me if I sell this book and this is what they see when loading the C.D

Should I get back in touch and ask them to replace this one C.D and then me manually replace each one in the set of 5? (I have ordered 160) I just think they may think its no big deal as long as the right audio is on there, they have not been the best to deal with up to now anyway. I just want to know where I stand before I send them a message and not get fobbed off. Unless people think it is not a major issue and I can just let it go and sell them as I really don't want to wait a few more weeks for them, but can't see another option.

Thanks Paul

Most probably a simple error when burning the disc and using an incorrect file in the authoring of the disc...simple for them to correct...contact the company.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Why not simply put a slip of paper with the CD to ignore the wrong track listing! When you sell

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As I have 2 different answers this is what is confusing me

Do I just let it go as it doesn't affect the C.D, but it reflects bad on me and someone may complain, most probably wouldn't.

Or do I go through the hassle of waiting longer for the replacement discs (if they agree to this) and then have to manually change each one. I have a feeling they will think I'm being a bit picky and may refuse to send out replacement discs. Am I being unreasonable?

Maybe I could email each one that buys one, but again I don't feel why I should have to as it is not me that has caused the problem and not what I have paid for.

A forum gives you opinions

What's the point in it if we all said the same thing....:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

" Should I get back in touch and ask them to replace this one C.D(I have ordered 160)"

Absolutely....you have entered into a contract with this company and they have failed to fulfil to your satisfaction....you cant be putting slips of paper in the discs to buyers to ignore the listings errors of the company...very unprofessional from your aspect....and the company you have paid to fulfil your work.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Its easily done....I burn a lot of discs of weddings etc...if you leave the previous job in que whilst authoring the next new job it can carry over to the next job disc listings.

TOC...table of listings

Your audio track could have been placed into a wrong folder named " obscure bands name , album name and track title, "...it simply requires re authoring the 1 disc with the correct listings.....as they know you will be buying 160 copies Im sure they will correct " their " error

Its easily done....I burn a lot of discs of weddings etc...if you leave the previous job in que whilst authoring the next new job it can carry over to the next job disc listings.

TOC...table of listings

Your audio track could have been placed into a wrong folder named " obscure bands name , album name and track title, "...it simply requires re authoring the 1 disc with the correct listings.....as they know you will be buying 160 copies Im sure they will correct " their " error

Andy not sure you realise that they have sent all 170 discs like that, I asked for a sample and they refused, saying everything will be fine. I presume the only option is to chuck the 170 wrong discs out and have them redo them and send me them and then manually replace each one (each book has 5 c.ds in it). Surely better than me sending the discs back and all the hassle/cost that entails.

Their mistake, so they have to rectify at their expense.

If you have paid by card and they don't play ball, get your money back via the bank.

I paid by bank transfer, not sure where I stand on this. They replied within an hour to any previous emails, nothing back as yet. I will give it 48 hours and see if they get back to me to sort it out.

Andy not sure you realise that they have sent all 170 discs like that, I asked for a sample and they refused, saying everything will be fine. I presume the only option is to chuck the 170 wrong discs out and have them redo them and send me them and then manually replace each one (each book has 5 c.ds in it). Surely better than me sending the discs back and all the hassle/cost that entails.

Ah okay...well then yes...you wasn't allowed to to check a sample...ask them to just rerun the offending disc.