Smart Parking charge ,Haven Banks Exeter.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Every one,

Please help/Advise.

I was photographed entering the haven banks car park on the 22/dec/2017 at 11.42am.

Paid £1.00 for 2hrs /120mins parking at 11.46.

Was then photographed leaving at 14.03pm on the same day.

Unfortunately I entered the last two digit's of my registration wrong ****LKX when it should of been ****LXK.

So received a parking charge letter on the 01/01/2018 stating that I needed to pay £54.00within 14 days ,if I was to appeal and fail this would go up to £90.00.

I of course contacted Smart Parking and forwarded on the parking ticket which I paid for hoping they would see scene and cancel the charge.(Ya Right!).

There letter arrived on the 27/01/2018 ,stating that as the motorist and that there are signs clearly stating not to make mistakes it was my fault. Also I was over my paid 120mins by 20mins.(I understand that this is the 5mins entering the car park parking and paying for ticket and the 15mins leaving).

I again appealed To POPLA, stating that I was in my car within my paid time ,but due to the excessive amount of vehicle's entering/leaving this car park over the xmas period ,I was unable leave hence the 10 to 15min wait ,but didn't realise I was over my time when I eventually drove out.

But on the 5/3/2017 while POPLA agreed the wrong reg details should cause the fine my overstay still did. So the charge is £90.00

Sorry that there's so much to read , I have all letters and the £1.00 parking ticket so can forward them on .

haven't paid the charge yet ,hoping there's some one that will advise me.

Cheers

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added spacing.

This one is easy.

Do absolutely nothing!

When you say you forwarded the P&D ticket to Daft Parking... You mean a copy of it right, not the original?

Can you scan in and upload (

Entering the wrong registration number is not a cause for action and Daft Parking know it. They are one of the companies that have been spanked in court for trying this.

They might be trying to get you for the *alleged* overstay. But if you were queuing to leave the car park then you could not also have been parked. So that's a non starter too.

Havens Bank is a well known site on here. Have a read of some of the other Havens Bank threads. https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=havens+bank&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=havens%20bank&gsc.page=1

So, upload what you have and let's have a proper look and we'll see what we can do to beat these clowns :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Could you also have a look at this post and then copy & paste the relevant bits (along with your answers) back to this thread.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

1 Date of the infringement 22 /12 /2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 01/01/2018

3 Date received 3/01/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]not sure

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]yes & lost

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up yes

7 Who is the parking company?smart parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Haven Banks Retail Pk,Exeter

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under POPLA

Letters.pdf

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added redacted PDF

Well. You've done all that you can now. The Hoopla decision isn't binding on you, so sit back and enjoy all the junk mail that you're going to be getting from Daft, their pet DCA and then their pet snake (solicitor).

Both Daft parking and Hoopla seem to think that a) a small inconsequential human error makes the PCN valid, and b) Parking is the same as queuing. Neither is true.

So if they want to take this any further, unless Daft parking supply their own Judge, I can see snowballs and hell in their future. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

just a quick update and not including the initial letter from Smart Parking .

I have received three DRP (debt Recovery Plus Ltd) (2 in Apr &1 may) asking for the money £160. within the 1st sentence it states 'Most people pay their parking charges straightaway' Well I wont!!!

Then a change to Zenith Collections (same company but different letter heading I'm sure) in which I now have two letters (1 in May & 1 in June) asking for the £160.00 .

Each time demanding the money or they would advise to take court action(bring it on), But always Extending the deadline.

I only hope that one day this car park changes its ways, I have not once set foot or placed a car wheel onto their property and never will do again due to the way they behave.

Cheers all...

Hi,

This car park has shown up time and time again so it begs this question. Why this particular site? I have looked on Google Street View and there seems to be no reason why this is happening. As it was near Christmas, you would expect that it's hard to find a space in the first place and then the queues leaving and SP should have allowed for that. If they chose to go to court, I would say that any reasonable judge would take that into consideration.

The fact you mistyped your reg number is neither here nor there. You paid for parking so any claim will (in my opinion) fail.

You are quite correct that Zenith are DR+: just another desk in the same office.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they have form here and you need to acquaint yourself of all the other postings about the site, including the ones on the parking pranksters blog. if they do try and get tough you can let them know that they have been rumbled and you will be quoting all of the other dodgy demands to show that their system isnt fit for purpose.