Got CCJ due to council and bank blunder!!- what compo should i ask for?

jayu619
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi BF -

I have started the official council complaint.

I received a response - which I posted on post #80 of this thread.

I have responded back to their stage 1 findings as you suggested a few posts after.

THH replied back on Tuesday 10th saying they will respond back no later than May 9th, under stage 2.

I will keep you posted on what they say.

Thanks

Jay

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to see your complaint to the council?

Is it possible to see your complaint to the council?

Hi BF -

Here is the initial complaint to the council:

Here is the response to my initial complaint:

Here is my response to THH's stage 1, in order to get my complaint reviewed under stage 2 - sent by email:

Let me know if you need to see anything else or need further clarification.

Thanks,

Jay

Stage1 Complaint By Me.pdf

Stage 1 THH Response.pdf

Stage2 Complaint by Me.pdf

I hope you won't mind me saying that I find that your letters of complaint are extremely wordy.

I think that you have to appreciate that these people receive hundreds of complaints every day and their eyes glaze over because most people end up telling their life story and the colour of their underpants. I think that your letter risks obscuring the issue.

The issue is very simply that as a result of their negligence and the negligence of their solicitors and as a result of the incorrect processing of your personal data they have issued court proceedings to the wrong address and as a result have caused you harm. Although they have eventually admitted their negligence and have undertaken to set aside the CC J, the fact is that the consequence of their negligence is that you have been seriously impacted.

The fact that they have undertaken to set aside the judgement at their own expense goes without saying but it does not remedy the damage which has been caused to you. Accordingly you want the matter brought before the Local Authority Ombudsman as the council seems to be unwilling to address the matter fully.

You want immediate acknowledgement of this letter and you want immediate acknowledgement that this matter will be escalated to the local authority ombudsman.

I suggest that you write to the council in these terms. Although it is a bit late in the day to send the complaint in this way, you may as well get it on file so that you have a paper trail. There needs to be no ambiguity about what you are saying and what you expect them to do. You don't need to write any expansive justification of your position.

Any update on this please? Did you send off the messages as suggested to the council – and also to the bank/ombudsman?

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on this please? Did you send off the messages as suggested to the council – and also to the bank/ombudsman?

Dear BF -

Sorry for the late response. I have been away for work.

I did write the letter as you suggested.

I also had the pleasure in calling CCBC and find out that, the address on file is still my rental property!!

I have emailed Mr Emmanuel asking for an update as I've not received anything in terms of judgment being set aside (as though I never contacted the CCBC).

The council clearly have not learnt their lesson from the first time round. Really annoying.

Hi -

Would it be worth sending an email to THH and their solicitors as to why they have not amended the address?

I spoke to CCBC and took a recording of the conversation where it was confirmed which address the had on file, what date the set aside happened and when the draft order was filed.

I am furious that both these organisations did not learn from the mistake first time round.

I would like to take the solicitors to court if I can...

Do advise if possible.

Thanks,

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I received THH stage 2 response, which is utter nonsense. They have offered me £75 as a way of compensation.

I've also sent off a letter to Mr Emmanuel as well as their solicitor asking why they wasted my time in waiting for a month to hear the set aside decision - due to them not amending the correspondence address on file - the very same reason why I got into this problem. No response yet.

I am moving my THH complaint to stage 3, for an independent review, before going to Local Ombudsman.

I will keep you posted.

Jay