Over 340,000 people falsely accused of prescription fraud

honeybee13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Penalty is not a Fine.

No different to requiring a motorist to notify DVLA of change of address for Licence & V5c.

The NHS checks appear to work as many Penalties were withdrawn before further action was taken.

Many more than 1.5M are prob defrauding NHS of prescription charges/right to free treatment.

False News?

A fundamental problem which inflates these figures is that an exemption certificate expires with no reminder being issued, and where there is often no requirement to show the certificate at the point of use, the patient is unaware of the expiry and simply continues to tick the box claiming an exemption when it is no longer valid. I have probably only been asked to show my own exemption certificate probably three or four times in the last seven years or so and did not even realise that it had an expiry date until I was prompted to check after reading a similar story elsewhere. Mine was indeed about to expire so I had to get the doctor to sign for a renewal, fortunately I received it before needing to reorder my meds. I know though of many who have been similarly caught out and issued with a penalty for claiming exemption when it had in fact expired

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sidewinder, I accept the right to access free NHS Sevices are not checked by most Community Pharmacists or Hospitals, at time of need. Perhaps the Budget om Tues will introduce new rules.

It is not evident to most they should inform the Issuing Authority of any change in mailing address asap to avoid unwanted letters. eg the motorist.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they are/have been successful in forcing these 'penalty fees' on people and making them pay?

How lawful are they considering, they use both penalty& fine in the same paragraph?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I only have 3rd party professional rather than personal experience of dealing with my wonderful colleagues at nhsbsa and can confirm that they’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to collecting money.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

can confirm that they’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to collecting money.

Excellent, lets run them ragged then.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!