BANK CHARGES - Is it too late to reclaim Overdraft fee

CuriousBee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was going though some paper work and found some statements going back 2010-2015 with astronomical charges levied on my current accounts by Lloyds.

I remember sending a letter in 2013 but forgot all about it. Again I sent a letter last year asking for these, but I was told it is too late. But I am just wondering whether to send them a fresh claim stating that although I started the claim in 2013 never got a chance to pursue it due to house moves and other issues.

Do I still have a chance to claim or is there a time limit?

Thanks

CB

you could try the hardship route

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX.

I do not have any overdrafts now as this was paid off and debt free now. However, I had very hard times when I had this account as the overdraft was high and I was in a very bad state. I did ask them to consolidate my debts at one point and instead they gave me a large overdraft which meant there was not enough money to spend on everything. So I could say it was hardship. But it was a few years ago now so I am not sure if I would still qualify for this.

Has anyone else had this experience or been successful reclaiming on a hardship route. Any comments advice would be greatly appreciated.

CB

The only way you could claim would be if you could show that there was something unfair towards you in the way that the charges had been levied.

For instance, if you had a basic account in which there was no overdraft permitted but they then inflicted charges on you which created an overdraft, to my mind this would be unfair and I think the bank could be challenged.

You need to understand that this is my own view and it has never been tried yet although I have suggested it several times on this forum.

If you have any instances of this or else if you have any instances where the bank blocked any increase in your overdraft but then impose charges which had the effect of increasing your overdraft, then in my view this would fall into the category which I have outlined above.

Thank you BF.

I could try and see, and if they rejected again it is ok at least I have tried a few times. I will need to go through all the paper work first and see if there were any instances where they have been unfair as you said.

Will let you know. Is there a time limit, apart from the 6 year rule?

Thanks again.

CB