Shafted by Amazon

flexeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will try to keep it short, as ive spent countless hours on phone and chat.

Purchased a Xbox 1 X console in November. I had about 85£ in my gift card, so thought ill just top up my gift card to the total cost of the console and make the purchase.

Wednesday 7th Console went faulty. Spoke to Microsoft who troubleshooted and confirmed fault. Their returns was too long so advised i deal with amazon.

Spoke to amazon who were happy to sort it. However they did not have any consoles instock themselves, so they advised they would refund me the money and i could buy from a third party seller from their site. I explained i had paid by gift card, and the agent told me that it was fine and they would refund me to my bank card to allow me to purchase the console, especially as i only really wanted to exchange.

I thought to move things on quickly, ill purchase a new console by my bank card and then when i post the old back the refund will then top up my account. Didn't want a third party seller, so noticed Prime now had stocks of the console so made the purchase.

Replacement console form Amazon came, i got home and it didn't work! spoke to MS who tried troubleshoting and again confirmed fault. MS advised to speak to Amazon. Again amazon (prime now) happy to replace, but again would not receive refund till console had been returned.As i had money in my account still, i thought right will purchase another then get the refund when it gets back to top my account back up.

Received replacement console today (havent yet tested) and confirmed with amazon that old one is with courier. They advise that i will have to wait because this one is with passmyparcel. previous return was Royal mail. As im about to leave chat i notice that my gift card balance has been credited for the original.

Spoke to them and was told that as i made the purchase on the gift card thats where its gone back to. I explained that i topped up the card solely for the purchase etc, and that i have the chat logs of the agent telling me that they were refunding to my bank card even confirming the digits of the card. Sorry Mr XXX unable to help.

Ended up speaking to my bank asking them to withhold payment at the moment until its resolved. Bank will not help or instigate charge back as they said I've been refunded albeit to a gift card. Told them that thats incorrect and should be to my bank account as what the correspondence states. Bank will not help and Amazon will not help.

your fault me thinks sadly.

you instigated 2 purchases by your own admission before you had resolution.

so how did you purchase the 3rd one

if online you can get a refund for no reason within 14 days

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All of them online - ironically new one works fine.

If I return this then obviously I’ll get my cash back but then I’ve still got the gift card balance stuck there without the option to buy a console from Amazon until they finally start stocking again which may not happen.

i'm not up on why prime is not amazon?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'm not up on why prime is not amazon?

No idea either. I think they want to keep it as a separate entity despite it being the same place. Prime now is same day drivers in a 2 hour slot

I only made the purchases to speed up. The other refund will go back on my card it’s just that very first purchase I made on my gift card. But had there been the option to exchange I would not have had to do this

Surely the person saying they would refund to my card despite me telling them I initially paid on GC surely has to go a long way

You've made a simple situation complicated because your impatient.

You should of waited for the refund.

Refunds are only given back to the original method of payment.

Cash for cash, card for card, gift card for gift card.

Well SGT Bush i think the dialogue i had with them confirms what i said.

Especially as earlier on in the conversation they recommended i purchase it off a third party seller due to them having no stock (which i can past). Im sorry that i don't like to beat around the bush and like to resolve things fast.

09:59 PM GMT Flexeh: would my refund have to go back as gift cards or can you refund me the cash?

see i want to sort it as soon as possible

09:59 PM GMT Sakruth: I could do any of them for you.

09:59 PM GMT Flexeh: so if i purchase a new console

09:59 PM GMT Sakruth:

Would you like the refund to payment card or gift card balance?

09:59 PM GMT Flexeh: it would be payment card - you see i paid in gift cards

thats why im curious

10:00 PM GMT Sakruth: No worries. i could refund to your payment card, so that you could convert it into cash. Would that be fine?

10:01 PM GMT Flexeh: yes do u need me to get microsoft to confirm with you its faulty

im on live chat with them also

10:01 PM GMT Sakruth: Not required Steven. We trust you.

I have processed the refund to your payment card and would send you an email confirming the same.

10:15 PM GMT Sakruth: I have initiated refund for you an also created return label, so that you could return the console. With regards to insurance refund, I request you to contact the seller of the insurance, as they would be the one who could take action on it.

10:15 PM GMT Flexeh: ok can you confirm how much and when and where the refund is going etc

10:17 PM GMT Sakruth: I have initiated a refund of £449.95 to your payment card.

10:17 PM GMT Flexeh: thanks. ending in 9003?

10:18 PM GMT Sakruth: Yes, that is the card to which refund is going.

As i told them i have a stored payment card (my bank card, i even confirmed the last 4 digits)

Had they said it is going on a GC i would not have then made the purchase.

You've made a simple situation complicated because your impatient.

You should of waited for the refund.

Refunds are only given back to the original method of payment.

Cash for cash, card for card, gift card for gift card.

That is simply not true with Amazon, I've had many refunds from them to an alternative method of payment. Gift card to bankcard etc. One of the reasons why I ship with them, excellent customer service, though sometimes you have to get hold of the right person.

Before you reply with " they shouldn't do that..." Well that maybe, but they do.

That is simply not true with Amazon, I've had many refunds from them to an alternative method of payment. Gift card to bankcard etc. One of the reasons why I ship with them, excellent customer service, though sometimes you have to get hold of the right person.

Before you reply with " they shouldn't do that..." Well that maybe, but they do.

See thinking about it, I got in touch the next day when I posted it to confirm it’s been posed. So I’m wondering if the first agent Sakruth, had infact set it up to go on my bank card and then the next person who confirmed it had been posted to go back then did it to the Gift Card.

I agree I have seen some great agents but also had some not as good

See thinking about it, I got in touch the next day when I posted it to confirm it’s been posed. So I’m wondering if the first agent Sakruth, had infact set it up to go on my bank card and then the next person who confirmed it had been posted to go back then did it to the Gift Card.

I agree I have seen some great agents but also had some not as good

I keep trying until I get through to someone in either Ireland or America. Raise a complaint, every time I have someone has ring me back within 24hrs and sorted out there and then. I think they are brilliant, but I could just have been lucky.

Resolution -

Wrote an email to the CEO's team, at first it looked like it was going the same way. However logged in yesterday morning and saw gift card balance now 0, then recieved a call on the afternoon to advise they are refunding my bank card!

I now just need passmyparcel to hurry the other console back so i get my refund on that too!

god that's better.

it was rather puzzling what they were upto...

and they