Another mythical Myhermes delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I sent a parcel in August 2017, and it was supposedly delivered to the reception. Turns out there isn't a reception in that building. I filled a claim and provided everything asked for in their T&C. They then emailed me in October asking to send a letter to the recipient and have them sign and write back in 14 days. I didn't get a response and when I told them the issue, they used it as an excuse to deny compensation.

I want to take them to court now because I feel this was unfair. What's the procedure? I've written my letter of intent. What now?

Here's a link to a very recent post which will explain some of it for you – if you haven't already read it https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485600-Hermes-failed-delivery&p=5104614&viewfull=1#post5104614

And here is some reading for you – https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=Herm...c=typd&lang=en

It's difficult to escape the conclusion that Hermes are just simply a pretty nasty company to deal with – certainly when things go wrong.

They have no basis for getting you to write to the recipient. That is their job. Once the parcel is missing then it's up to them to find it if they can be bothered. Throwing the burden on to the victim of their contractual breach is extremely unfair.

Have you send them your "letter of intent" – should be a letter of claim?

What were the contents of the parcel? What was the value? Have you incurred any other losses as a result of this failed delivery?

You should not start firing any letters off until you know the steps. A County Court claim is very easy but you should know the path before you embark on it.

Have you read on this forum anything about bringing a County Court claim? The first thing you will need to do will be to open an account with MoneyClaim. It's free and you will be to start your action there.

Understand the steps and the time limits and when you are ready then send off your letter of claim. If you start sending off letters of claim without knowing the next step then you will end up losing credibility with the people you are claiming against.

What was in the parcel? And what was the value? Have you suffered any other losses as a result of this failed delivery