Ebay Seller sent damaged item, refuses to accept return, blames me for damage, calls me a liar

Purpleflowers 2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item on Ebay, which the seller claimed had only been used 1 time and was in excellent condition, the only reason why i bought the item. The item arrived damaged, i requested a return as item not as decribed and arrived damaged.

Seller refused to accept a return, instead she blamed me for the damage, saying i had caused the damaged and had swapped item and the pictures I had shown of the damage were fake.

Seller claimed she has a witness who saw her send the item in mint condition, but i told her it arrived damaged with a dent/chipped, with scratches etc and obviously not used the 1 time as seller claimed.

Anway the seller then made a threat take me to smalls court (when she had my money and sent me a damaged item) and is still refusing to take the item back and still blaming me and now claims she can get a witness statement to say she sent the item in mint condition - if thats the case as seller claims, why it did arrived damaged!!

In the email exchange with the seller, she is trying to make herself look the victim in all of this.

The item is of over £250

Raised return request on Ebay, but seller is blaming me for the damage, how crazy is that, she sent an item not as described, anway time to escalate to Ebay and get Ebay involved because the seller is not admitting the item i received is damaged, even after showing pictures and still blaming me, what do I tell Ebay when I escalate

item not as decribed, arrived damaged, seller not accepting responsibility, blaming me for the damage?

As for the sellers witness statement to say she sent the item in mint condition, that doesn't count because my pictures show the damage, please please help

Tell ebay what you said here.

How did you pay for it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

just do a chargeback on your debit card and send the item back

end of issue..dont bother to argue.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the disputes process is made in the buyers favour as long as you return it when told to by ebay. Send it tracked and you will get your money back.

If you had started off using their disputes process you would have saved yourself a lot of time and effort and had no need to ask elsewhere for advice. Ther policies are easy to find and they have help boards with people who know everything there is to know about the procedures

The biggest problem with sellers like this is that eBay won't let the buyer leave a negative feedback report therefore the seller can go on doing it over and over again as they will appear to have 100% feedback.

I speak through experience.