Gk motors in mansfield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone dealt with this group in the past?

I viewed a car for my other half at this used car dealership early this week.

The car was priced at £6950 (approx); she liked the car and paid £1000 as a deposit whilst they applied for finance for the vehicle.

They came back with a finance arrangement that shows the amount to be borrowed as £6950 (or thereabouts) plus a whopping interest rate that puts the total amount repayable at more than £13k. The latter, I can understand, since she doesn't have good credit.

But the £1000 deposit seems to have disappeared in all this, but they say that it has been accounted in the finance agreement.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

whos the financing fleecers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On our initial visit to test drive the car, they tried to . They tried to sneak in an additional £600 towards a 2 year warranty. I clearly told them that we are not interested in the warranty. They asked for a deposit of £1000. The deposit was taken with a proviso, " subject to finance".

ANyway, when they cam eback with the finance offer, they had dishonestly added the warranty price despite us opting out of it.

The owner of the place is now refusing to return the £1000 if we cancel. It feels like he is bullying my wife into agreeing to the ridiculous finance offer or she loses her deposit!

whos the financing fleecers

Advantage finance.

I'd like to add that they financed my car three years ago and it was smooth. And the monthly payments were not too bad. The additional charges such a Acceptance fee, option to purchase etc seem to be inflating the price.

so its not a std HP agreement if its got option to purchase

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have seen an option to purchase fee with the last instalment on an HP agreement (typically around £100). How much is the option to purchase fee Advantage are stating ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have seen an option to purchase fee with the last instalment on an HP agreement (typically around £100). How much is the option to purchase fee Advantage are stating ?

I think it was around the £140 range.

I must add that despite all the fuss I kicked up, the mrs has gone and accepted his offer because she needs a car urgently. :-/

If I remember gk it's part of a group of three with differnt names but same owners

Expect the warranty to be useless - brother in law had an issue with the flywheel on his a week after purchase

2 years later and it's been on the drive for nearly a year as everything it goes in for repair it gets bodged then they report it's fixed to the finance

ALas the brother in law "can't be bothered" to make a fuss as he has about 6 cars

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: