Old debt taken over by Nautilus Investment Holdings LTD

Binxy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm wanting some advice on an old debt from 2012.

I ordered blinds through a company called UK HOMEMAKER which I wish I never had. They totally messed up the order got blinds that was too short and rails that didn't work/fit properly. They took the initial deposit and said they would take faulty items back and replace. A direct debit was set up but they never came back with the new items. Tried calling them on several occasions but was always told they will come next week time and time again. I told them i wouldnt be making any payments until the items got sorted.This was in August 2012 by December I gave up and never heard anything from them till now.

Fast forward to today and I receive a letter from Nautilus Investment Holdings LTD stating they now have the debt of £375 and have outsourced it to a company called Direct Collections Bailiffs ltd. A quick Google search on this company has now got me really worried. I've not had any correspondent with anyone regarding this loan since the last telephone call I made back in December 2012.

I've tried extremely hard to rebuild my credit score over the years. Checked my credit file and can't find this debt now. I would start paying it off but I really don't want to be paying for something I didn't fully receive.

Any advice on next step to take would be gratefully received.

Can you please tell us when you order the blinds in 2012 and when they were delivered and you discovered that they were incorrect. How much money did you pay them?

Presumably don't have any court judgement against you on this – in which case I'm not sure that there is very much that the debt collection company can do

Thank you for your reply.

The blinds where ordered at the end of July along with a £50 deposit when they came to measure up. They came some time in August to fit (Not sure what date now) and noticed the problems right away. Told the fitters who said someone would be out to inspect them.

Someone came a week later and agreed they was some faults and blinds cut to wrong length so took them away and said fitters would be back to replace.

Out of 8 blinds ordered only 3 where correct.

The fitters never came back no matter how many phone calls I made or the amount of times I waited in for them not to show.

Oh and also no court judgement like I said not heard anything until now.

Thank you. How much evidence have you got of any of this. Do you still have the blinds?

Please can you tell us how much you paid – how much they say you still owe them – and how much, if anything, have you had to pay to remedy the situation

That's the problem as it's nearly 6 years ago now unfortunately for me I've not got any of the original paper work.

I think I stupidly thought nothing would come of it after this long so didn't keep anything.

Also as they never sent any letters until now don't have anything.

I don't have the blinds anymore they have all been replaced so I have receipts for the new blinds which cost about £200 for everything.

The original cost was £425 with £375 outstanding after £50 deposit which I paid.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You needn’t worry to much about the DCA, they are just noisy teenagers.

Can you remember when you made your last payment?

Or did you only pay the deposit?

When exactly was that?

Hang tight, experts will be along to advise....

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

Well the issue is almost statute barred. By my reckoning, in July this year it will become legally unenforceable – assuming that they don't have some kind of judgement against you which I'm afraid to say is possible.

The sum is less than the £600 needed for transfer up – unless in some claim which has magically been mis-addressed, the amount of money alleged to be owed has been bumped up by the addition of charges and interest. If this is the case then it could be transferred up for enforcement by HCEO. If it is less than £600 then if there is a judgement then it would stay in the County Court. At the correspondence which you have received they have told you that the debt is £375 so it sounds if they haven't done anything to it. On the other hand, they must realise that it is nearly statute barred and they may be considering doing something.

You could either sue them – but there is little to be gained, or watch out for the arrival of a claim form and then respond with a defence and counterclaim.

I completely agree that there is no point in starting to make any payments. It seems that they are clearly in the wrong and looking at the Internet for UK Homemaker, I see that they don't seem to have a very good reputation.

What you might like to do is to send them an SAR to see if they've got anything about you. Do you know if Nautilus are simply acting on behalf of them or if they have bought the debt?

Maybe you would like to put up the Nautilus letter here in PDF format.

Thank you for all the replies.

From my understanding from the letter Nautilus are now the creditor and they are using Direct collection Bailiffs to recover the debt. They state all contact and payments to be made through direct collection Bailiffs and have included there contact details and bank details for payments.

The letter is dated 2nd March and includes a notice of sums in arrears (the £375) and a default notice.

The letter also states "We are aware or a previous period of non-compliance, whereby a notice of sums in arrears was not issued when your account status met the appropriate threshold"

I will try and get a copy up.

Also in the statement they made adjustments to the account in Sept 2017 I think it was charges they have removed. Will that go against it going statute barred?

No just what was uploaded and some FCA leaflets on arrears and default.

Ok. It might be worth waiting for the real knowledgable folk but seeing as they claim to have purchased the debt you could try a CCA request on them.... see if they have the original agreement....

Wait and see what other folk say...

Should I send this letter to them? Also would this be classed as section 77 as it was a Loan?

Sorry for all questions.

Should it be sent directly to Nautilus or direct collections bailiff?

Edited by dx100uk
merge

ignore them

its all bogus

they cant default your file

and dcbl are simply powerless DCA's in this instance.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How did you order.....internet or shop ?

Did you sign a credit agreement ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I believe I did but honestly can't remember it's been so long.

It was through a doorstep company called UK homemakers they left a leaflet so called them.

They came to the house to set it all up and the only other time I've had contact with them was when I was phoning their head office to try and get the faulty items sorted.

Should I just ignore it & see what they send next or should I send CCA request asap?

Edited by dx100uk
merge

So as stated its coming up to being statute barred...hence the parasites coming out the woodwork.

August 2012 and they issue a default notice dated 2nd March 2018 :-)...they issue a Notice of Sums in Arrears (that to allow them to claim interest from Aug 2012) :-) DCAs cant issue either...only the Original Creditor

Ignore them and forget it..... and only post back here if a court claim is issued.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

also worthy to note

Nautilus Investment Holdings

are not FCA registered as far as I can see so cant act as a creditor...

they reside on the isle of man...opps busted..

no wonder DCBL are involved as they think they can make their fake unicorn feed tax on this too.!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...