Survivors of domestic abuse now able to vote anonymously

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Survivors of domestic abuse now able to vote anonymously

The Houses of Parliament have passed government proposals for changes to anonymous voter registration.

The changes will make it easier for an estimated 12,000 survivors of domestic abuse living in refuges to register to vote anonymously as well as those living elsewhere.

The changes will come into force in England, Wales and Northern Ireland today (7 March) and in Scotland on 1 April.

Survivors of domestic abuse will be able to register to vote without their name and address appearing on the electoral roll and without the fear of their former partners finding their address.

The changes to make it easier for survivors of domestic violence to register to vote anonymously include:

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/survivors-of-domestic-abuse-now-able-to-vote-anonymously

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I wonder how this will work with the new proposal to make voters provide ID at polling stations?

HB

I suppose the people who have registered anonymously could be given a generic but unique ID number that is sent to them with their voting card that they simply need to provide at the polling station rather than their address.