• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds/TSB Trustcard CC from 1988

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Right! - this could be a difficult one.

My wife has a Lloyds bank Trustcard credit card which goes all the way back to 1988 and has PPI on it throughout the 30 years it's been in existence.

Now, the CC is still active although the balance is now zero as i managed to finally get it all paid off around June 2013.

The card was originally issued as a Cheque Guarantee card for her current account.

This was issued when she opened the current account.

What wasn't initially obvious was the fact that it was also a credit card with a separate credit card account.

I have a quite a few questions - so be gentle with me :)

1. My wife never applied for a CC only a Current account with TSB and had no idea that the subsequent CC account carried Payment Insurance - is that grounds for a PPI miss-sell?

2. We have scoured the house for monthly statements and have pretty much every one from 2000 to 2013, most of 97-98, some of 96 and some very sparse copies from 91 and 92. We have nothing prior to 91 - except believe it or not the actual original plastic card with issued in 88 on it. So as you can see we have alot of missing years in between.

What can we do (if anything) to try and fill in the missing years?

Is it even possible or permissible to extrapolate the data.

3. I sent an SAR and received back alot of paperwork but nothing back further than 2000.

So that was no real help - is there anything else i can request?

4. If it is a case worth pursuing and bearing in mind that it runs across some 330 months up until 2013 when it was paid off

- is there any spreadsheet i can use to try and assertain just how much we might (if successful) get back?

5. Do i make calculations up until the balance was brought to zero or until now?

6. What's the best approach for this - FOS, letters to bank, Resolver?? I've had success with resolver on bank loans with PPI but they were simple things in comparison.

I'm a bit clueless as to the best approach on this one as CC PPI seems to be so much more complicated.

If anyone could guide me along this path I would be very grateful.

Answers on a postcard :)

Thanks in advance

Kholo

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

ideally you should use the FOS running sheet

but you could use the FOS CI one.

I would never use resolver for ppi

its just doesn't give you any legal way to challenge if their refund is correct.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read the notes for each

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you checked the disclosure which was made and is it complete?

You should certainly make your claim and when you make it you should be claiming for the maximum amount possible and then be prepared to fall back later if necessary.

If you feel that there is evidence missing then simply extrapolate over the life of the PPI policy – and what you have found it extremely helpful so far.

I'm not too clear as to what you mean when you say should you make calculations up to the point it was repaid or until now. Maybe you could explain. Whatever the case, Lloyds are in debt to you – and will remain so until they repay you the money. At the very least you will be entitled to 8% on the running balance until the date of repayment.

You're probably looking at an enormous amount of money.

Keeping close contact with this website that each step you take – and don't for a moment think about going to a claims company which will simply charge you a huge percentage of the money which has been unlawfully taken from you.

Hi Bankfodder,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little unclear what you mean when you refer to the disclosure - do you mean the SAr? and if so how would i know if it's complete?

Surely we're at the mercy of the bank in this case?

In terms of missing evidence (ie monthly statements) how can i accurately extrapolate backwards in time

- most of the missing CC statements are at the beginning of the cards life.

We don't have an opening balance of any kind, we don't know what level of monthly expenditure that was occurring or the regularity or amounts of balance reductions by payment.

I'm thinking that this is going to have to be a chance it and see type of application.

I don't really envisage Lloyds rolling over and going for a back payment without any history to corroborate.

Like i said all we have in the way of proof is the original plastic CC from 1988

- so it's a thin claim in my opinion.

Please correct me if i'm way out or sounding defeated on the best way to approach this.

My question about trying to work out compensation up to the point the account was paid off or to the current date was because i didn't know if the running compensation stopped at the point the account reached zero balance or continued at 8% of the amount owed back to us until the claim is settled

- sorry i'm not explaining very well but i think you answered it by saying

At the very least you will be entitled to 8% on the running balance until the date of repayment.

We're a little phased by the volume of work that all this seems to entail but i suppose that the price you pay in order to get redress.

Thanks

Kholo

You're probably looking at an enormous amount of money.

BTW my wife says "how enormous" lol

Edited by dx100uk
merge/spaced

what typically happens here is you use the data you already have to give you an average for the months you don't have statements for

[the fos recommend this method]

then use that in the fosCIsheet

enter their avg apr D16

enter every PPI payment on the date it was levied

set the claim to date on the date they STOPPED THEIR INT.

[this gives you what you are entitled to at their in rate compounded]

then take the total that ^^sheet gives....

then use the statint sheet

enter that total as one whole amount on the day AFTER the claim to date of the foscisheet

[this give you the stat s69 8% int you are entitled to until they settle]

NOTE leave the claim to date alone

and they

I would suggest any way that you begin the claim. It's not really necessary to know exactly how much you are claiming in order to start things off. The eventual figures that you come up with can be used to query the offer that you eventually receive.

Hi DX,

Thanks for you reply - things are starting to get clearer now.

When you talk about averaging - do you mean take the average PPI amount per month across the whole 30 years where i have data to give me value for where i have blanks OR average it across the lot??

Is there anything i should be doing with things such as late payment charges (there were alot of those)?

You make a good point BF - the main thing is to get it started - i'm filling in what i can now and will report back

I've entered the PPI charges i have data for (not worked out an average for the blanks yet) and entered them in the fosCIsheet and the value it comes up with is big - would that be right.

With the average PPI filled in for the blanks this will become enormous - seems too big for such small amounts. I know it's over 320 months but even so.

You should certainly be looking at recovering late payment charges.

There are two issues here. Firstly in relation to PPI, could it be said that if you had not had the PPI policy, you would have not been faced with the charges. This is less likely to be the case with late payment but certainly could be the case with over limit charges – they may be unlikely on a credit card.

The second issue which is not PPI related is that in about 2009 the 0FT (defunct) announced that credit card charges over £12 were prima facie unfair. If you have records of charges which were more than £12 then you should recover them simply on the basis that they were unfairly imposed on you and that they amounted to unfair penalties. You may find that the bank will try merely to refund you the difference, but it doesn't work that way. Once they are unfair than their completely unfair. Not only should you recover these but also you should recover the interest that you paid on them where line of credit on your credit card was used to fund them. This is because your bank would have taken, say, £20 late payment charge and then charge you interest on that because it forms part of your credit card balance. Once you have calculated that, you add 8% which the bank are required to repay you for having deprived you of the use of your money. We don't need to start feeling sorry for the bank because while they have had your money, they have been lending it out at colossal rates to other people who have breached their overdraft limits et cetera. Even if/when the banks finish handing all the PPI money et cetera back, they are still quids in. They have never been ordered to disgorge all the profits that they have made out of their greed and dishonesty.

I have found that in dealing with customers Lloyds is particularly dishonest and so you need to be very careful.

Thanks Bankfodder,

So do i need to deal with charges (2009 unfair or otherwise) as a separate claim? If so is there yet another form / spreadsheet i should be referring to? Wow this is complicated.

Thanks

Kholo

Yes, I think that if you have discovered late payment charges which exceed the £12 maximum limit set by the 0FT then I'm afraid that this becomes a separate matter and you should start a separate claim. You should also start a separate thread.

Although it is getting complicated, starting a separate claim is not such a bad thing because you will then be attacking the bank on two fronts. Beware of the bank because they will try to merge the complaints and you should resist this.

Yes there are separate spreadsheets et cetera – but I'm not sure where they are but I expect somebody else will come along and let you know.

Reclaiming the charges is likely to be more straightforward than claiming historical PPI payments

I would leave the charges alone for now

but mention them in your covering letter

that you want and late/overlimit fees that were the result of the PPI to be refunded too.

on your sheet questions

you can use an overall avg yes

or take a years avg that's closest to the missing data dates

and yes your reclaim will be huge [£1000's ]

and they

Hi all,

Can i just get a sanity check from you all.

I've been entering the PPI amounts into the FosCISheetv101 all day as we've had a hunt about and found another 2 years worth of Credit card statements.

Can someone confirm what rate I put in the APR Cell D15 - is it the CC APR rate (which in this case was 29.95%).

Because when i enter that, the value that comes up for the claim total is ridiculous

- I mean really ridiculous. It's so high I must be doing something wrong.

Also, does it matter that over the life of the CC that the balance came down to zero in 2013 and then stayed 0 for 2 years before getting a positive balance and of course getting the PPI charge back.

Do i use the date it came down to zero as the 'claim to' date or do i use the last date where it had a positive balance - confused.

Thanks all

Kholo

BTW this is all without creating ANY average PPI entries for months where we're missing a statement with a PPI value.

I'm totally baffled. If anyone is up to trying work this out -even roughly - here are the basics.

Credit card with 29% APR. 1st PPI charge I have data for is 9/5/91. I have another 190 PPI entries at an average value of £9.83. The last positive PPI balance (ie the date i'd be claiming up to) is 9/02/2017

So that's 190 entries across a total of 372 months - so as you can see we have alot of missing months.

Like I said - i haven't even considered putting annual average PPI values into the fields i have blank

[to make things clearer I've merged 3 posts with q's - dx]

I can't help you on which rate to put – but somebody will be along.

However, in terms of high figures, the highest claim we have assisted so far was £64,000. I think the second highest claim was about £45,000.

The £64,000 person ended up being interviewed on BBC Radio Four Money Box. She didn't even give us a mention.

Bankfodder - it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people forget the free help they receive. I for one will be donating more than a mention if my wife and I receive even half way close to these figures.

Cheers

Kholo

Thank you. We are always happy to have donations.

You might be interested to know that the person who claimed £64,000 donated £50.

The person who claimed £45,000 – we didn't hear from them again.

user cp top right

then down the left side menus in yellow

and they

I'm totally baffled. If anyone is up to trying work this out -even roughly - here are the basics.

Credit card with 29% APR. 1st PPI charge I have data for is 9/5/91. I have another 190 PPI entries at an average value of £9.83. The last positive PPI balance (ie the date i'd be claiming up to) is 9/02/2017

So that's 190 entries across a total of 372 months - so as you can see we have alot of missing months.

Like I said - i haven't even considered putting annual average PPI values into the fields i have blank

you can attach your .xls file here if you need too click go advanced bottom right next to post quick reply box

manage attachments

and they

let me just run through a few thinks as i've merged you q's to one post - #14

so lets run through them...

Hi all,

Can i just get a sanity check from you all.

I've been entering the PPI amounts into the FosCISheetv101 all day as we've had a hunt about and found another 2 years worth of Credit card statements.

Can someone confirm what rate I put in the APR Cell D15 - is it the CC APR rate (which in this case was 29.95%). - you use the avg int rate across all the years

Because when i enter that, the value that comes up for the claim total is ridiculous

- I mean really ridiculous. It's so high I must be doing something wrong. - it will be!

Also, does it matter that over the life of the CC that the balance came down to zero in 2013 and then stayed 0 for 2 years before getting a positive balance and of course getting the PPI charge back.- if it was zero then you paid no ppi that month

Do i use the date it came down to zero as the 'claim to' date or do i use the last date where it had a positive balance - confused.- the last date they charged you interest on a neg balance.

Thanks all

Kholo

BTW this is all without creating ANY average PPI entries for months where we're missing a statement with a PPI value.

Credit card with 29% APR. 1st PPI charge I have data for is 9/5/91.

I have another 190 PPI entries at an average value of £9.83.

The last positive PPI balance (ie the date i'd be claiming up to) is 9/02/2017

[to make things clearer I've merged 3 posts with q's - dx]

dx

and they

Hi DX, Thanks for the abridged version,

the last date they charged you interest on a neg balance.

On a neg balance?? Sorry to be dense - can you clarify what this means.

Thanks

Kholo

you cant charge 30% back to 1998 you need to avg the APR over all the years.

avg the PPI payments you know till line 131 and use that for the unknown months.

from then

for the odd missing month use an avg of the data I month either side

HTH

and they