Do I have to pay a broadband supplier if they provide no service ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I left talk talk after several years up to 2017 and had no yearly contract to honour due to it expiring.

Quite simply they didnt provide me a working internet, blaming some issues with their line management software.

I finished with them and didnt pay them for the time the line was not working.

They sent me bills but I just could not pay them due to the principle of it.

I tried to call their staff to explain that I am not going to pay when I didnt receive service, but wasted effort of course.

Now talk talk are threatening credit score points against me if I dont pay.

Is there anything I can do after they put this on my credit file.

Its the principle of it that gets me, I just dont want to pay them after all the hassle and expense they put me through.

As I was having to buy mobile broadband until I had a BT line put in.

I have lots of credit I hardly use so its not the end of the world anyway but surely there must be a way to challenge them ?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thanks to action group

Harris V abbey : settled

Glasgow Council Parking appeal won

Harris vs Santander: BCOB threats below had them refund charges, donate compensation to charity and alter branch policy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wcM5ZfmEE5TjRiU0JBM0xZYzQ/edit?pli=1

Yes Notice of correction...

Read more about it in the CAG credit agency guide...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=69473&d=1508516851

Yes you must pay them to an aspect but at the same time you are entitled to raise a complaint for bad service etc...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

There is a way to challenge them – but it depends on whether you want to go to the trouble.

Somebody should certainly be challenging these people. They provide poor service and then when people quite legitimately complain and refuse to pay – suddenly they go into debt collection mode and they get very nasty and of course it's very damaging.

If you wanted to start a small claim against them then this would be very effective and of course I expect you would win.

When you didn't have the Internet service, what did you do instead? I'm asking this question because I would like to be able to see what kind of loss you experienced