New General Data Protection Regulations 2018

johnjordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been glancing through a worksheet provided by my local council on the new GDPR rules. One of the guidance notes states that:

"You must tell people in a concise, easy to understand way how you use their data."

It also states that "consent" for your data to be used in different ways must be freely given, pre-ticked boxes will not be sufficient.

i.e. a seperate consent is needed for each type of use the data is intended to be used.

So...where the DVLA is concerned I am quite happy to give my consent for a record to be kept of when my car is taxed, insured and MOT'd. However I do not give my consent for any personal details, such as registered keeper, to be given to any third party.

I wonder how this would stand up when the new regs become law on 25th May 2018?

I may be wrong with this one however I think that with the DVLA being a Gov department, i think there are certain exceptions to DPA / GDPR

If I am then please tell me

But for what it is worth - Very interesting info i found...

Regulation 27 of Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 allows vehicle keeper details to be disclosed to third parties who can demonstrate that they have a reasonable cause to receive it.

This Regulation provides a legal gateway for the release of information and is not based on the consent of the data subject.

So they are saying RVR 2002 overrides GDPR and DPA

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They wouldn't care because they make millions from selling datas to parking cowboys.

Even if 10% of affected motorists took them to court and won compensation they would still be on a winner.

Licence to print money!

They wouldn't care because they make millions from selling datas to parking cowboys.

Even if 10% of affected motorists took them to court and won compensation they would still be on a winner.

Licence to print money!

It's not the compensation that would be the problem it is the fine, which will be the greater of £17million or 4% of global annual turnover.

It's not the compensation that would be the problem it is the fine, which will be the greater of £17million or 4% of global annual turnover.

Well thats Parkingeye done if they get hit...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I may be wrong with this one however I think that with the DVLA being a Gov department, i think there are certain exceptions to DPA / GDPR

If I am then please tell me

But for what it is worth - Very interesting info i found...

So they are saying RVR 2002 overrides GDPR and DPA

what dvla said not long ago (see the attachments there)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/compliance_with_the_data_protect_3

imo, those Regs should at least be reconsidered in consideration of the impending new legislation re. time will tell what they come up with.

some general info

https://www.local.gov.uk/our-support/general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr

GDPR has the potential to royally screw DVLA and the Parking Cowboys when they wrongfully go after Keeper Details for sure in breach of KADOE.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

if no-one paid the parking cowboys a penny for 2 months they wouild suffer such cashflow problems they would not be able to pay the DVLA and the they wouldnt be able to get the details to send out the next lot of spurious demands. No=one would go to court because the bandits coudnt afford the fees let alone the costs of losing. I'm sure that Will and John will lend them all a few million to tide them over whilst they front the legal fees and still not commit Champerty and Maintenance

People are their own worst enemies.

This is something I didn't know. Are all PPC's members?

>

Well.... The short answer is no.

The long answer is that to get the keeper information electronically (KADOE) they have to be members of one of the two trade associations. But non members can still apply for keeper details using the V888/2 form. Members will definitely get the requested information (even if the grounds for requesting it are dubious at best), non members are just as likely to get the information.

Which kind of makes a mockery of the whole system in the first place.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.