Xercise4Less and Harlands CRS problem

ubulks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you keep getting their texts/emails?

I am in a very similar position only a few months behind you. I cancelled my Xercise4Less membership 2 months ago via the form on their website, to which I received 2 confirmation emails that everything is OK with the cancellation of my membership. Then the texts/emails started, indicating that Harlands does not know anything about this - they still see my account as being active?

OOC, I tried logging in on the xercise4less page which was working before, but could not do that - so it seems that something HAD happened, just not what I thought would... of course, they did not reply to my emails asking about this.

I would call at the gym personally, but I moved from Leeds to London now (that's why I did the cancellation online).

So I'm not sure what to do now, I have as proof the two emails they sent me, but is that enough? I also canceled the DD myself, but I already paid the £25 penalty fee + the last months membership fee to Harlands directly.

Reading all the threads here it seems that there is only one thing for me to do: send Harlands a letter (not email?) that my address changed, and that's it. I'm just a bit worried that those £11 monthly fees quickly add up (we are at £72 already due to some mysterious costs appearing from nowhere), so that's why I'm wondering for how long will this continue?

Hi Ubulks and welcome to CAG

Your post has been moved into your own new thread.

OK, so you cancelled due to relocation but please confirm :-

1. Date you used the gym's online cancellation procedure.

2. Date the DD was normally paid each month.

3. Date you paid the last normal monthly fee + £25 admin fee.

4. How did you make the last payment.

You should not have paid the admin fee as you'll have learned from other threads. We'll deal with that in due course.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If they email then mark it as junk so they keep bouncing back to them, and any silly texts they send, 'forward' them to 7726, spam on your phones keypad.

Oh, and please please please, ensure you go onto the gyms social media sites and embarrass them on there, tell everyone just how they treat their customers should they dare leave.

Lodge formal complaints with the gym, and the CMA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Ubulks and welcome to CAG

Your post has been moved into your own new thread.

OK, so you cancelled due to relocation but please confirm :-

1. Date you used the gym's online cancellation procedure.

2. Date the DD was normally paid each month.

3. Date you paid the last normal monthly fee + £25 admin fee.

4. How did you make the last payment.

You should not have paid the admin fee as you'll have learned from other threads. We'll deal with that in due course.

Hi, thanks for the reply, here are the facts:

0. I was beyond my initial 12 months contract, so the cancellation was not due to relocation officially (I moved in September, but had so many things going on I did not bother dealing with this until December)

1. I cancelled the DD on 30/12/2017, then immediately after that I found the well hidden cancel form on the Xercise4less webpage and submitted that, got an email from Xercise4Less, then another email from them on 4/1/2018 saying that everything is fine

2. DD was usually paid on the 6th, so I was due the membership fee for the last 30 days, which ended on the 30th January

3. Called Harlands on 23/1 after receiving the first threatening email, agreed to pay £12.99 the monthly fee + £25 (this £25 was in the agreement I signed, so I'm OK with that, it was my fault at this point).

4. I paid with my debit card, on the statement it says SNAPDDA, which is a trading name for Harlands (I just saved my monthly statement so that I have proof)

Honestly, I was a bit worried when I started receiving the SMS / emails again, (btw. that's how I found this forum, searched for the number they used to send the SMS :)), thinking that I did something wrong. But it seems they do this to pretty much everybody that wants to cancel, so at least I'm not alone :)

I'd be happy to prove my case in court, should this get that far, so I've saved all the documents and correspondence. It doesn't look like I'm going to need it, but better be safe than sorry...

They don't do court, they don't enjoy being hauled over the coals and made to look like crooks.

Shame you paid them, that went straight into their profit pocket!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Ubulks,

I'd normally suggest seeking a chargeback of the £37.99 via your bank and then offer to pay Harlands the £12.99 you actually owed due to cancelling. You never needed to pay the £25 admin (penalty) fee so you'd seek a refund of the full amount £37.99 and then offer Harlands what you owed on 6th Jan of £12.99.

To do this, contact the bank and say the £37.99 was paid due to misleading info from the payee, who led you into paying more than you truly owed.

In reality, Harlands will probably continue to harass you anyway, so try and get your money back and then offer Harlands £12.99. They're too greedy to accept this and your offer will then expire.

Go for the chargeback and tell the bank you need the payment returned.

Let us know how this goes and, if the bank reverses the payment, we'll suggest a letter to send to Harlands telling them where to go.

Stay off the phone from now on and, if Harlands/CRS call you, hang up !!

Read the guide here as well - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

I WAS going to say, You know you paid their admin/penalty fee through ignorance so put this down to life experience and forget it.

But Harlands/CRS will harass you anyway because they don't know about (or acknowledge) your cancellation.

It'll never get to court UNLESS you decide to sue THEM for harassment which is a cheap and easy option for you.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

just incase its not sunk in from the threads you've read.....

don't forget a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOVER on ANY DEBT

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ubulks

Let us know how you get on with your bank and remember, they're there to help YOU, their customer !

we don't see much luck with chargebacks in branch

they don't tend to have a clue.

it results in a form fill out..

p'haps better to ring the number on the card

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...