home emergency insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it's worth getting house emergency insurance for a flat? On some websites the annual cost isn't really that bad but is it worth paying for that small property?

Thanks.

emergency for what?

is this not already covered under tenancy rules or WHY?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From what I've seen of these policies, they have so many exclusion clauses, you don't really have much cover. If you are adept at basic DIY, you can probably fix most issues without resorting to making a claim on the policy.

Should you be tempted to take out one of these policies, read the small print very, very carefully. Then with a cynic's cap on, look to see what they can avoid paying out for. With what little is left, ask yourself what the likelyhood of an incident occurring that would result in a claim.

If you are a tenant, any problem is your landlord's, so it is pointless in taking out a policy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I mean, there is a lot of different sites in web, but I'm considering anual payment around £81 and they are claiming that they provide 24/7 customer service support all year round, so Christmas is probably included. Landlord isn't interested and I am responsible for every repairs in the flat.

Landlord isn't interested and I am responsible for every repairs in the flat.

urm I question the legality of that...

why should you have to take out insurance to pay for possible repair when it NOT your legal responsibility??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

agree, your landlord should have the correct insurance in place and if they dont you are not liable for damage caused so it it thier loss. Now are you worried about your home contents? f so get insurance for them but leave the rest to the person who is responsible.

24/7 customer service is not the same as 24/7 callout

Well so you saying I shouldn't be having one for myself then? Arguing with my landlord is not the case here. I mean it would be great if someone could fix that for me, but I don't believe it's gonna happen.