• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Old joint Lloyds TSB Loan

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If this has been accepted on behalf of Lloyds consumer debt recovery team, then I think I would send Lloyds a copy of the letter, together with a first payment by cheque or postal order and request their details to set up a standing order.

I would think that the interest has been frozen at the point the letter was received and they accepted the payment offer. But Lloyds need to send you a statement confirming the amount due up to the relevant point.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi JB - looks like you are about 12 months behind me in the process, mine relates to the CC debt not the loan. With regard to payment, start now, I just pay in cash over the counter at local branch - nice friendly staff in the main, quoting the account number and always ensure I get a receipt. The transfer to the "debt recovery team" is a mysterious process which took a year and I was not notified, just a letter from BLS collections out of the blue demanding payment. Complained to LTSB and apparently the standard procedure is not to tell you a another organisation is not chasing the debt. I complained a got a little compensation:-). Like they say, I ignored all the offical letter and just get paying. BLS will ask for whole amount and offer you to pay of this debt with a CC - which is against OFT guidelines.

LTSB have writen to say deal with BLS - so complained to BLS ( waste of time but paper trail) and taken the opportunity to reduce the monthly payemtn citing fuel and food price increases. Will let you know outcome.

Do not worry - did you send a CCA request, as do not think best at filing??

Intend

Hi everyone, many thanks for replying.

Does anyone know the address of Lloyds 'consumer debt recovery team' as I will write to them and send a copy of the letter accepting the offer from MHA Collections to them. Will also send a copy to Lloyds at Brighton office, also to their so called solicitors SCM (aka Serchari, Clarke & Mitchell) who I know are 'in house'.

Not sure who MHA Collections are, can anyone enlighten me please - are they also 'in house'

By the way Intend, BLS stand for Black Lion Street which is another Lloyds 'in house' team. They called it that name after the initials of the street of their offices.

JB

No point in writing to anybody but the people who are accepting your decision - MHA if I'm right. LTSB depts don't communicate with each other so stick to one.

Will take months for 'consumer debt recovery team" to get involved and in my experience best stay clear of anyone from Brighton - sole aim is to pressure you to pay more than you can afford.

MHA and SCM are just one desk along but with different coloured crayons :lol:

Intend

MHA Collections based in Windsor are a LTSB company

registered address is Lloyd head office.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have a look at the Lloyds website you

may get an address there.

In my opinion the use of ''multiple

company names here breaches OFT

Guidance and should be reported it

is plainly intended to intimidate and

confuse one in to believing that the

matter has been escalated to a ''higher

authority''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Brig - In my very limited experience and dealing with LTSB - this is statndard procedure for them - I have had letters from MHA, SCM and most recently BLS - all as you recognise inteded to intiminate.

Thanks to you and others on this site, it no longer works.

Intend

Brig - In my very limited experience and dealing with LTSB - this is statndard procedure for them - I have had letters from MHA, SCM and most recently BLS - all as you recognise inteded to intiminate.

Thanks to you and others on this site, it no longer works.

Intend

Since the mergers/takeovers etc., their attempts to

utilise all the inhouse departments have failed dismally,

they actually seem to forget which desk they have passed

an account on to causing total confusion and duplication,

this of course results in all the c**p you are experiencing

now.

Hi Folks

Just a quick update, we paid the monthly payment agreed by MHA at a Lloyds Branch on a payment slip directly into the loan account. We copied the stamped payment slip, wrote a letter to Lloyds asking them to confirm they accept the payment agreement and frozen interest as per MHA which we all know is a shoot off of Lloyds. Received a letter from Lloyds saying yes we confirm the payment arrangement is acceptable and the interest is frozen, and to continue with this arrangement until we hear from their consumer debt recovery team.

• 5 years later...

Hi, I wonder if people could give me advice please.

In 2009 my (then husband) and I took out a joint loan with the then Lloyds TSB, in early 2013 my husband up and left me with his 3 children (2 of which are disabled) and we have had no contact since, he doesn't even want to see his children.

Prior to his leaving he said 'you look after the kids and I will pay the joint loan off'. This was my only debt.

Fast forward 5 years, I decided to take a look at my credit report which shows that I have a financial connection with my now ex husband and an outstanding balance of just over £9,000. He paid nothing in 2013 or 2014, but made a few payments in 2015 the last being September 2015.

During these few months he paid off £400 and has paid nothing since.

He has moved address several times and changed his phone number, although he remains in the same job (we have a joint friend who has supplied me with this info). He has paid nothing since Sept 2015.

I noticed Lloyds changed their name from Lloyds TSB whom the joint loan was taken out with to Lloyds. Also they placed a Default Notice on the Credit File dated May 2013.

Please don't advise me to contact my ex husband as he is extremely violent and unstable and he frightens me to death. I have my hands full caring for his 3 children he abandoned and he broke his promise to clear this debt providing he never had to take responsibility for his 3 kids.

I have a couple of questions please:-

1. As he made a few payments during 2015, can Lloyds issue another Default Notice?

2. Does the fact Lloyds TSB have changed their name to Lloyds make any difference to the debt?

3. As my ex husband has made a few payments in 2015, will that start the Statute of Limitations Act 6 year clock start ticking again for ME?

4. My ex husband may start re-paying Lloyds again and will that start the clock ticking for me again?

5. I also wondered as probably the debt has been sold to different DCA's if they have made sneaky payments to keep the 6 year clock ticking.

6. I feel trapped as I wanted to think about taking out a new mortgage (I'm currently in private rented accommodation) and re-starting my life again,

however, with this £9,000 debt still outstanding I am thinking that if I purchase a home for me and my children,

can Lloyds come after me and worse case scenario place a Charging Order on my property.

SB clock is reset at each payment

Only 1 default... upon its 6th b'day the credit file will be cleared

Yes you are responsible for it..

So its not been sold yet then if it Lloyd's named on your file..good

Do they and your other creditors know you correct address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your kind response dx100uk.

Can I just get this straight please,

that at the birthday of the default which was placed on credit file in 2013, in 2019 the credit file will be cleared?

Even though payments were made 2 years later in 2015 starting the clock ticking again.

Can you just please clarify 6 years after default or 6 years after last payment made?

Thankfully I have no creditors and no other debt.

I am worried that Noddle will share the info I have entered to look at my account.

I only moved 4 months ago, am on the electoral register, have a bank account.

Am wondering if Lloyds will start sending letters to me now.

If so, any advice on what I should do?

Answers to these questions are very much appreciated and I cannot thank you all enough.

There is NO LINK

Between statute barred date and default date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is link between defaulted date and SB date!!

and they

The ''DEFAULT'' date on your credit file WILL auto drop off your file on its sixth birthday so 2019.

Payments made to the account, reset the limitation clock, so the last payment he made in 2015 reset the limitation clock, so 2021 it will become SB.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

if you have moved and you have debts showing live or in the closed section

or that you have not had confirmed letters back from creditors/DCA's that ANY other old debts [not showing] ARE confirmed statute barred

then you need to advise your creditors / dcas of your new address else you might have backdoor CCJ's coming out of the woodwork.

you have been here since 2008 and have numerous DCA/Debt threads you should already know these things.

I have merged an earlier thread on this debt that gives the full story.

and they

@Bazooka Boo - Many thanks for answering my question so that I now fully understand it.

@dx100uk - So what if I've been on CAG since 2008, no one knows everything not even you!! I find you dragging up posts that are 6 years old very distressing as those posts relate to when I was still married to my abusive ex husband.

You have the audacity to tell me that I 'should already know these things'

I have come onto this Debt forum to ask for advice in 2018 on information which I have only just found out.

I find your attitude appalling as a Site Manager, if you have been reading my previous posts you will see that I am a single parent caring for 3 children, 2 of whom are disabled and in addition to that I care for my very sick mother, therefore, pardon me if I have forgotten posts that are 6 years old and hardly relevant to my current question.

Trouble with this site is that you get 'Site Managers' who can be abrupt or derail your posts, whilst other Site Manager and Cager's offer fantastic advise.

So thanks to all you helpful people who have always provided me with brilliant advice and support, however, I will never post on any of CAG's forums again, so delete me if you so wish.

and look at where you are now

strong and fighting...that's the spirit...

no need to go away..

we all understand and too have our poorly and special need offsprings and partners to look after..

don't forget to check addresses as post 43

dx

and they