Caught shoplifting in Sainsbury's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nope they'll tell you to pay their mates

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!

give it a rest MOVE ON

• Haha 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol:

and they

Just to echo DX's post but with a bit more flourish.

No police!

No criminal court!

No criminal record!

Your mind can't settle because you feel you owe something. Nope! You stole. You got caught. You won't do it again. A lesson learned.

EVERYTHING else is toilet paper. [upload a copy before using] :smile:

The ONLY time to be worried is if court papers hit the mat except that won't happen either. Get it? Got it? Good!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and they

If the police weren't involved on the day, they won't be now. They're the only ones who can take you to court apart from Sainsbury's.

And we've already told you that no retailer has taken a case like yours to court since the Oxford case, I think that was in 2012.

Have we missed something, why do you think it'll go to court please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

NONE of the threads since 2012 have resulted in court

and even then they LOST.

forget about it...

and they

No reason I’ve told you everything.

I went thru self checkout, paid for goods.

Missed some and then got pulled into the back.

The security took my details and said I’d get a letter.

I’m just panicking.

They added up the goods not paid for a kept them and I left with the goods I paid for.

Was banned.

I’m only mentioning courts as silver fox mentioned it ☹️☹️

Edited by dx100uk
paras

I really don't think SF is expecting you to get court papers, hopefully they'll be back to put your mind at rest.

Are you seeing your GP soon? It seems that your mind is in hyperdrive.

Have you read other Sainsbury's threads by people with similar problems? I'd be amazed if you find a court case.

HB

I’ve told you everything.

I went thru self checkout.

Paid for produce, missed some, then got pulled into the back.

No police, store manager and 2 security guards.

Took my details.

I got a copy of a letter saying I will get a letter.

They added up goods not paid for, they kept that and I left with the paid goods.

Silver fox mentioned in a post above about it so just panicked.

I was banned.

I’ve told you everything. I went thru self checkout. Paid for produce, missed some, then got pulled into the back. No police, store manager and 2 security guards. Took my details. I got a copy of a letter saying I will get a letter. They added up goods not paid for, they kept that and I left with the paid goods. Silver fox mentioned in a post above about it so just panicked.

I was banned.

I know you've told us everything and we're trying to reassure you. :) I was suggesting that you read other people's Sainsbury's threads so you can see that they haven't been to court.

HB

Stamptred - Welcome to CAG.

In all honesty these cases go nowhere near court. I suspect you'll actually be okay.

Have RLP contacted you? Trust me - There are bigger fish to fry in this world... Youll be okay :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Stamptred - Welcome to CAG.

In all honesty these cases go nowhere near court. I suspect you'll actually be okay.

Have RLP contacted you? Trust me - There are bigger fish to fry in this world... Youll be okay :)

No one has contacted me yet. It happened on Friday. I have a letter that states I’m permantly withdrawn from the store. The letter also says that Sainsburys had a policy of perusing civil recovery in circumstances where the company has suffered a loss. It states that Sainsburys may pass on my details to agents who work on behalf of Sainsburys in accordance with this policy and in pursuit of a claim

Sounds like RLP lol...

Trust me on this you have nothing to worry about...

Pursuit of a chocolate biscuit... ^_^ Seriously they wont do anything...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

In post 23 of this thread, I linked the case where court action was taken and the retailer lost. I posted that as an example to why no retailer has taken court action since. I only mentioned court action in a back handed way as you will go nowhere near one. I was trying to give you the idea that it was pointless for them to go to court.

There will be NO court action for the simplest of reasons. Sainsburys will have to be the claimant. They lost nothing as they got the goods back so how can they make a claim for a nil amount? Answer, they can't.

In county court cases, no retailer is allowed to profit from a shoplifters actions as this is called betterment which isn't allowed.

I am going to give you a scenario where a court case might happen. This does not mean any case WILL happen to you.

I am a shoplifter and I steal, say, a box of chocolates worth £10. I get caught and the store get the chocolates back in good condition to place back on the shelf. The store security take my details and pass them on to DWF.

DWF send me a letter a couple of weeks later demanding £150 for security costs which I ignore so the retailer (foolishly) decides to begin court action. What can they claim against me?

1. they got the goods back so no loss there.

2. The only amount in their claim is the security costs of £150 and this is where it gets interesting. Store security are paid whether or not they apprehend a shoplifter. The price for this is paid for by customers at the till. It is a business cost, nothing more. Store security use, as part of their job for which they are already paid, security cameras and foot patrols. The aim is to monitor, detect and deter shoplifting but also to apprehend shoplifters. This is part of the job that thy are already paid for so it cannot be a loss.

This was pointed out in the court case from 2012 that the costs could not be claimed and is the reason no other cases have been taken to court.

No matter what the letters say when you get them, there will be NO court action. The letters will say that the retailer will consider their options which 'may' include court action. This is a bluff. No more, no less. Read the letters carefully and you will see them for exactly what they are. Toilet paper.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your reply Silver Fox.

I appreciate the explanation and you have definately put my mind at ease!

I panicked and was very scared.

Having never been in any situation like this I just assumed the worst!

As soon as I receive a letter I will contact you all on here for the next step.

Thanks again

Edited by dx100uk

and the next step you take is when you get that letter?

and they