Warning Issue over lost/stolen Contactless Cards

dx100uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Banks have admitted that thieves are able to use contactless cards even if they’ve been cancelled – sometimes months after being reported stolen.

RBS, Lloyds, HSBC, Barclays and Nationwide admitted that a ‘weakness in the system’ can allow fraudsters to use cards after they have been reported lost.

The ‘tap and pay’ cards allow purchases up to £30 without requiring a PIN number.

The problem stems from the fact that some shops complete purchases ‘offline’, without checking with the card issuer if a card is valid.

Instead of checking ‘live’, some shops store transactions and check batches at the end of the day, meaning that stolen cards can sometimes be used.

The FCA says that if customers fall victim to this kind of fraud, they are entitled to get their money back.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/thieves-can-still-use-contactless-cards-theyve-cancelled-banks-admit-103749226.html

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ive been saying this for the last 4 years. They limit the amount of transactions being made to 5 though and then you have to enter your pin to go online to confirm a transaction.

RBSGroup and LLoyds - IM LOOKING AT YOU!!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So an old lost/stolen card used for transactions could cause someone to go overdrawn ? And cause consequential issues !

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So you’re telling me that I phone my bank and they acknowledge my card is stolen and cancel it. The thief then makes a few offline purchases successfully because the shop doesn’t validate at the time. Then the shop runs a batch check online and when my cards use comes up my bank pays the shop? Really?

So you’re telling me that I phone my bank and they acknowledge my card is stolen and cancel it. The thief then makes a few offline purchases successfully because the shop doesn’t validate at the time. Then the shop runs a batch check online and when my cards use comes up my bank pays the shop? Really?

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/th...103749226.html the article have you read into it

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I fear my point is being missed. When the batch online approval is attempted, surely my cancelled card will be declined and I will not be caused any discomfort? It’s the retailers luck out for failing to approve at point of sale, surely....

Not being missed :) Promise...

No as the payment will be deemed as pre authed...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis