Do I stand a chance? Charged a training fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i used to work for a company and when I left i was deducted £750 for "training", this was stated in the contract.

I tried to fight it at that time, as I was not given any specific training other than by other members of staff.

I should of taken it further at that point but due to health issues I was not in the right place to fight it.

Today I was sent a link by someone pointing out that the same company has now lost a tribunal for exactly the same reasons and the company was forced to repay the with held money.

the data with in the tribunal is widely available on the internet, the company love throwing law suites around but on the day of the tribunal the director that was due to attend was "ill"

any advice please.

then read the findings very carefully and see if it is purely an employment issue or whether it was a general breach of a contract or unfair condition and thus unenforceable. If a standard breach of contract you have up to 6 years from the event to make a claim.