Hi! First time poster with a CRS issue.

JoshD92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon everyone,

Like many before me, it appears I have run into a few issues dealing with Harlands and CRS.

It all started when I tried to cancel my membership with Xercise4Less.

Having naively believed they had accepted my cancellation when I filled out a form in my gym,

I got a nasty surprise some months later when I found they continued to take £14.99 a month out of my account.

I then found a way to cancel online and cancelled my direct debit too to ensure they couldn't take any more money from me.

Six months later, and I start getting emails from Harlands and CRS demanding £186 and, while I have no intention of paying and am well aware of their limited powers. I'm unsure what to do next.

I have moved house since i took out the gym membership so I'm yet to receive mail or a phone call directly to my house but I'm quite keen to nip the emails in the bud before it gets out of control.

I'd be eternally grateful for any help or advice that could be offered on this forum.

Kind Regards,

Joshua

Edited by JoshD92

read this thread and send the letter contained in it

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485194-CRS-Harlands(4-Viewing)-nbsp

moved to the gyms forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

I've just made a couple of adjustments to the original letter so it fits my circumstance. Does this read okay?

"Dear Harlands/CRS,

I refer to demands from Harlands/CRS.

Please note my new address is xxxxxxxx.

Write to me if you want but I will pay nothing.

Harassment by Harlands/CRS will be reported if necessary.

Yours sincerely,

Thanks again for all of your help.

Kind regards,

Josh

Justa,

The advice we give here is based on many years dealing with gyms and their admin companies.

Why won't they take you to court ? - because they know they have no legal basis to justify their unlawful admin fees, or their harassing tactics.

Read other threads here. An hour or two should help you understand how Harlands/CRS work.

Don't use an email - inform them of your new address by posted letter and keep the proof of postage we've told you to get. This ensures you don't get a CCJ against you at an old address just because you failed to tell Harlands you moved.

This is a self-help forum so take the time to read about other gym cases. They may not be the same as yours but the principles still apply.

:-)

Hi Slick,

I posted in another thread and I’ll be posting my letter based on your template above, tomorrow.

However, I just wondered whether you’d be able to put my mind at ease over something?

I didn’t give Harlands and CRS my new address, but they got it anyway when I signed up to my new gym who, unbeknown to me, also use Harlands.

I just realised this was the case when I received an email from them before with an attached letter.

Do I still need to send them a letter with my new address?

Also, being the crafty beggars they are, even if I sent them a tracked letter detailing my new address, could they not just say the contents of that letter didn’t contain my new address and sting me with a CCJ anyway?

Sorry to be a pain, I’m just extremely paranoid and uneasy over the CCJ thing. Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Josh

post moved to your own thread joshalways best to keep to your own rather than hijack others.

if they know your address

then IMHO you need to do nothing but ignore.

gyms have not done court in many years.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Absolutely no chance of a CCJ where these clowns are concerned.

Fantastic news. I know they’re cowboys but it just puts my mind at ease knowing that the emails they are sending amount to little more than scare tactics.

Cheers!

you block them and bounce the emails back!!

and they

Hi Josh and welcome to CAG

1. When did you join the gym.

2. How long were you first signed up for - was it 12 months or a rolling monthly agreement.

3. When did you last use the gym.

If you don't know exact dates, give us your best guesses.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)