• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Erudio Loan Arrears question

webhedzvv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just after some advice,

I have walked in tonight to find a letter from Erudio (DCA) claiming that I have an arrears on my student loan they manage.

I can never remember going into arrears with them and know in the past when for whatever reason I may have been late getting my deferment in

I have ended up paying a single payment towards the loan.

This hasn't happened recently and can only ever remember it happening once since taking out the loans (99-03).

The letter just states that I am in arrears for £118.00 but have been given no details of when this arrears occurred and also that it should the arrears remain on my account that I may forfeit the contractual right to write it off.

I have only just deffered my loans and try to make sure I return the application for deferment as soon as I get it.

My question is

do I contest this

is there a formula for doing so that will get a response as I'm noticing that they are difficult to deal with and using ccj's which I really don't need.

I have looked through the forum but to be honest it seems a little jumbled up where this company is concerned and wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Thanks for any help

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Ahh Eurido or whatever they call themselves now are just a Debt collection parasite, if you have a look on the student loans section there are literally hundreds of threads about eurido and their dirty tricks.

DX will no doubt be along and set you straight, but I recommend you read a few of the Eurido threads in the mean time. PS: Do not stress and do not pay the nonsense arrears charge these bottom feeding parasites demand.

moved to the slc forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you deferred EVERY year?

and I hope you've not used the forms erudio have sent you?

expand on your story please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dk100uk,

I have deferred every year and I’m not sure about the their form as I have always just returned the form I was sent along with the required doc’s.

Looking at this years proof of deferment letter that one loan is being serviced by Thesis and three by Erudio.

But has for signing their form I have to hold my hands up and say I’m not sure the form I fill out and return has the Student Loan Company header and looks no different from every other year.

How can I find out if I have mistakenly signed their form and can I demand proof of arrears has I can’t remember missing a deferment in the past few years.

well arrows have been carpeted by the FOS several times now and been told to remove these bogus default/arrears charges

which they then use to spoof people into coughing up money over as the loans never then expire. clever that.

as for thesis [link dca] plenty of threads on them here too!:lol:

and they

Hi WarrenBuffet/dx100uk,

Am I right in that the SAR will show if I ever signed their form and also if there are any arrears on my account?

Sorry if this is going along the same line as previous threads but I read through most and got more confused by the advice being given.

dx100uk could you clarify "the loans never then expire part"?

Do you mean that it just carries on has before (deferment every year) has they can not break the contract set out originally or can they re-call the loan at any point has they have brought them and so own them.

Thanks for all the help.

Not had much of thesis yet but I guess there is still plenty of time :|.

Yes a SAR will give you a copy of every document they have, including deferments and you should study these documents carefully as there are often anomalys within.

What you need to know is Eruido or whatever ? is just Josephs coat of many colours. It is the same company and once they get heat from the Ombudsman or FCA they send you a nonsense letter stating your debt (alleged) has been sold to another dca . If you investigate a little deeper you will quicly find its the same company. When you ring Eurido sometimes the people answer as being Arrows or one of the many other names, I used to laugh at them on the phone.

Do not take their threats seriously as it is an intimidation attempt and no more to extract money from you, afterall they paid upto 5p in the pound for your debt (alleged) and they will blatantly lie, bully and extort money from you as is evidenced by their b.s. arrears claims. Do not be scared of them as they are bullies and bottom feeding parasites and they prey on innocent people.

once defaulted/arrears it does not expire [get wiped out] when you reach a certain age or 25yrs isn't someone

that's why they do it.

and they

Thanks to both of you.

I have started my SAR and will wait to see what if anything they have on me,

can't believe that companies like SLC can be associated with crooks like this.

Surely this will be the next PPI scandal.

Are there any anomaly's that crop up on a regular basis that I should be particularly looking for?

I will keep you updated on this thread on any other letters I receive and how I get on long term as I know that people like myself are probably looking for endings, which rarely get posted once an issue has been resolved.

best idea is to read as many thread in this slc forum as you can

the more you read

the stronger we become

and they

Will do.

After reading your advice on the SAR thread do I send it to SLC or to the DCA and if it is to the DCA I don't sign it is this right? I have moved quite a lot since taking the initial student loans so do I have to list all previous addresses?

Just want to get it right, sorry.

but erudio already have your details and sig as you've signed their forms.

and they

I have looked at the DAF form that is on the SLC forum and it looks exactly like the one I have signed since taking out the loans originally.

Have I been duped into signing their forms that look identical to the original ones (apart from new t&c's) or do erudio forms look completely different.

afaik they are total diff with differing T&C's

they are on here somewhere

and they

• 2 weeks later...

You can read my thread and may help you webhedzvv,

i wont try to advise as these guys are extremely knowledgeable i am not.

However dont sign their new DAF, use the one on here for future, its in my thread.

They did a similar thing to me and many if you have a google or on here, standard tactic because ultimately they bought the debt and are a DCA, and you may similar to me, be approaching the end of the 25 year period and they want to try and get as much money as they can.

Keep a copy of everything, even your recorded delivery receipts.

Doesnt sound like you have done anything wrong so dont let them bully you or scare you.

im not sure where you stand if you signed their new DAF t&cs,

i would be interested in where you stand with this also and if they can hold you to those new t&cs, doesnt seem right, im not convinced they can hold you to that as the FOS ruled the previous DAF completely fine to use so use those moving forward as the others have stated. DCA's break a lot of rules hoping you'll be frightened into succumbing to their demands eventually.

Knowledge really does = power and confidence, keeping researching and stay ahead of the game. These guys will help you but please read up also

i recall their forms being somewhat different in the things they ask such as NI number etc, so just double check all this

im not sure what these guys think but i would suggest like me initially request a CCA a well as the SAR. Pretty standard, i requested both

Before you do anything gather all your info