Local Authority Gas Meter Inspections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blood pressure back to normal now

Live in Northern Ireland under housing authority accommodation.

Just had them phone me (Customer service unit) saying that my gas and electric metre need their annual safety check. Fair enough it is a legal requirement. She then started dictating to me time and date for the engineer to visit (Contractor) Between nine and four Monday to Friday.

Like most people, I have to work for a living and single. After much arguing, it was decided a Saturday afternoon and that was like pulling teeth after being threatened with disconnection etc.

She then said if I had no money in the Gas/Electric meters the engineer would cut me off. Can they do that??

Wish to submit a complaint about this treatment and inflexibility, any suggestions.

Being an ex-trade union rep it is water off a duck back but say it was someone with mental health issues etc, totally unacceptable behaviour

so HA threatening to cut you off or utilities co?

Exactly what requirement is there to keep meter topped up. If there is a clause in your tenancy about dereliction I doubt if not using the gas would trigger that and i firmly believe that the person was told to threaten all sorts of hell just to make their own peoples life easier rather than giving a toss about the residents

Annual meter check is not strictly a safety issue, it is a requirement under law for a multitude of reasons, one being they will have trouble billing you if they dont. They do have powers of entry over this but I think a time suitable for you is perfectly reasonable in case your pet lion eats their meter reader ( I love it that keeping wild animals is still legal in NI)

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi OD

Strange a Housing Authority threatening this especially if this is the electrical & Gas Meters for the Property as they do not own the meters as they are your Energy Providers responsibility.

Yes an Annual Gas Safety inspection is a legal reguirement but at the Meter they only check for leaks/pressure test and they do not interfere with that actual Meters as it is not there property but the Energy Providers.

I would be having a wee chat with your Energy Provider about these Meter Inspections

Also letter of complaint titled Formal Complaint about there actions and also ask for copies of the following:

1. Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)

2. Customer Care/Standards Policy (not the leaflet)

3. Gas/Electrical Safety/Maintenance/Service Policy (not the leaflet)

4. Cyclical Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group