• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Changed CRA Defaulted Date for Vanquis Card ***Adverse Data Removed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I failed to pay back a credit card in 2013. In due course the card company defaulted me and posted the default with one or more of the credit reference agencies in October 2013.

Lowell bought the debt and the account totally disappeared from my Noddle credit report.

It has now reappeared with a single entry showing a default for September 2014 (even though the main body of the report shows the original default date) so in effect bringing forward the default date by eleven months. That means I will have to wait an extra eleven months before the default disappears from my credit report.

Any advice on what action to take to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Hi,

It is the original default date that matters, not what has appeared since. Your file may say 'Last Updated' Sep 14 but the date Oct 13 is the one that matters to the CRAs as that regulates when the default will fall off.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Great, many thanks. Clearly I don't need to do anything.

Odd though. You would think if they bought the debt they would continue the entries on from the previous card supplier. Seems to be a bi of a loophole in the system.

On the credit report the main information listed as either "date defaulted" or " default date" is the one that is correct.

I suspect that the 2014 date is the date the file was updated by Lowell prior to starting collection activity.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 years later...

Hello All

I defaulted on a credit card in 2012 and received a default notice from the provider late 2012.

I cannot remember at the time if they reported the Default to the Credit Reference Agencies but believe they did and therefore the account would have been in default from say the start of 2013 and under the six-year rule (I am in England) would drop off the Agencies systems at the beginning of 2019.

The account was subsequently sold to Lowell where it has quietly languished since but they reported a Default on it in a date in 2014 and is showing as having been in default for far less time so is not due to drop off the system until 2020!

So.........

1. Is it right to believe that a default notice issued by a provider does not mean they have to report the account as in default to the Credit Agencies?

2. As and when they do report the default am I right to believe that the six-year clock starts it's countdown at that time of the report and does not necessarily match the date of the default notice?

3. If the account is sold to another party am I right to believe they cannot report the default again and therefore restart the six-year countdown.

I am not under any pressure with this account so not planning to do anything to correct the Credit Report until after this reaches Stat-Barred status in another year but any interested parties wanting to provide an answer, an opinion or join the discussion please feel free to post.

Thanks all.

They can't change the date of default they can ONLY update the account...

The OC must default the account in a timely manner, in any case up to six months after you've defaulted, any longer then you should raise this issue with the CRA and creditor. citing inaccurate reporting of the account.

Have lowlifes got another debt you know nothing about?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Lowlifes ahve a habit of doing this to deliberately extend the time it sits on your file. A suitable complaint should get the date corrected, if they dont then you can take legal action against them but that isnt always the first thing you should think of but perhaps something to consider when it does become SB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello bazooka and erics

Thank you both for your contributions and apologies for my late response but I did not receive the usual email notification from the platform so was not aware anybody had answered my thread.

I will not take any action right now as I have about a year to run before it becomes statutory barred but I can take it up after that point Without Fear of any effective Court action being started.

what is the original defaulted date in the summary not via the calendar stuff.?

did the OC default within 6mts of missed payment?

if not you could involve the ICO and get it moved without involving the DCA

its nothing to do with them and is not acking the debt either.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hello all

I would like to revive this thread in the light of new developments and it might be a good idea to read the thread before continuing below. 

In summary I defaulted a Vanquis card in 2012, they subsequently reported a default with the CRA's, and sold to Lowells who placed a different and later default date with the CRA's.

With the recent judgement about dates of defaults and six year Stat bar rules now in effect I am able to report that this account is now Stat Barred.

My reasoning is that according to the recent judgement the countdown starts from the date of the Default Notice from Vanquis which in this case was 25th June 2013.

(I have in my possession a default notice from Vanquis dated 25th June 2013 such that this account became Stat Barred 25th June 2019).

I subsequently wrote to Lowell offering them my correct and up to date address and using the standard template provided on here advised them that the account was Stat barred (adding one additional phrase to the template saying I was in possession of the Vanquis Default Notice).

They have replied saying it is not STAT Barred and say they are going to Vanquis to get account details implying an attempt at Court Action.

As a precaution I also SAR'ed Vanquis.  Much to my surprise I got a phone call from them asking me what information I required!!  I politely told the lady that my expectation was that the law required them to supply me with everything they hold electronically but that I would be satisfied with a copy of the default notice and their customer care logs showing date of issue of the notice.

I received the above two documents.  The DN matched my own copy so no problem there.

I was disappointed to see no reference to them ever having published a Default to any of the Credit Reference Agencies though if memory serves they did default.

I have no worries about Lowell as I would expect my Defence and documentation to be sound enough to defeat them probably without it even going to a Hearing.  They are relying on their own CRA default which they changed from Vanquis's original default, or hoping that they can persuade me that that is the correct date!   (To be clear I am relying on the Date of the Default Notice as being the start of the six year countdown to STAT BAR, not the pseudo default date lodged by Lowell upon account purchase).

But I am disappointed that Vanquis have provided no information about the date they originally defaulted me.

I would like to challenge Lowell's date and in the process clear up this last negative report on my record.

Anybody got any comments or ideas?

Thanks in advance.   

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Changed Default Debt on old Vanquis card entry

default date + 14 days.

but still SB'd anyway.

send lowells a letter and a copy of the org vanquis default notice

give them 14 days to removed there wrong entry or you will immediately open a serious complaint against them with the ICO AND seek financial compensation for the damage done to your credit worthiness .

don't waffle..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hope this is waffle free:

Further to your last letter I enclose a copy of the Default notice issued by Vanquis.

You will note that it is dated 25th June 2013, thus the account is Statutory barred. The only date that matters for purposes of calculating the Statutory barred date is the Date of the Default Notice, not any default report made to Credit Reference Agencies.

At the time you acquired the account you incorrectly and maliciously reported a default to the Credit Reference Agencies displacing the original report made by Vanquis.

I now require you to remove this account from the Credit Reference Agencies and I give you 14 days to do so.

If you do not I will immediately open a serious complaint against your firm with the Information Commissioners Office and seek financial compensation from you for the damage you have done to my Credit Worthiness

with ref to your account no. XXXX

original creditor.XXXX...account....XXX..

At the time of assignment you incorrectly reported a default to the Credit Reference Agencies contrary to the original default reported by the original creditor

I now demand you correct this error, with ref to the enclosed default notice copy from the original creditor, with ALL the Credit Reference Agencies . I give you 14 days to do so.

Should you fail to comply and confirm this in writing within the above time limt, without further notice, I will immediately open a serious complaint against your firm with the Information Commissioner's Office and seek financial compensation directly from you for the damage you have done to my Credit Worthiness

and they

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I sent the letter as advised by DX100 using his wording.

I have had a reply headed "Customer Relations" as follows:

Complaint Reference: XXXXXX

We are Looking into your complaint

The customer relations team will now carry out a thorough investigation into your concerns.  we may contact you again with an update, or to request further information.

What happens next?

when we have completed our investigation we'll write to you again with our resolution.  a copy of our internal complaints Procedure is overleaf which provides information on expected timescales to respond to you about your complaint.

In the meantime if you have any queries pleae do not hesitate to contact my team by calling the free telephone number 08005420058 which brings you directly through to the customer relations team.

yours.....

I don't expect anybody on this forum to believe that the above is anything other than a formula letter with no real intention behind it.

The time is now well outside the 14 days my original letter gave them to sort the situation out.  Can I please solicit some advise on the next move.

off to the ico

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Update to this thread; SUCCESS

Following DX advise post 18 I contacted the ICO by phone.  They advised they would accept a complaint but said they would prefer to allow a full month for Lowell to act on my complaint.  On 9th October I sent Lowell the following by email:

I have since received your standard response letter dated 23rd September 2019 advising me that you are looking into my complaint.

I have today spoken to the information commissioner's office who advised me that if you have not responded within a calendar month then it is reasonable for me to pursue a complaint via their agency.

They have also advised me to send you a reminder of the timescale that they consider appropriate.

Therefore please treat this message as a reminder to you that if you have not acted on my complaint by 15th October 2019 I will revert to the Information Commissioner's office without further reference to you.

Yours sincerely

I received another standard letter from Lowell advising they were still looking into it.

About a week ago I checked Clearscore to find that all of Lowells negative reporting had been removed and only one entry remained for November 2013 showing the account as closed unpaid which should disappear next month.  I have just had Clearscore alert email to say this account is about to drop off my report.

My Credit Karma report does not show the account at all.

I am writing the above in order to thank CAGers for their assistance and to provide information and closure for anybody following the thread or who may read it.  I will add one more post to advise what impact if any there is on my credit score when the report next updates.   (Clearscore=329, CreditKarma is 554).

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Changed CRA Defaulted Date for Vanquis Card **WON REMOVED**

hey good work 

topic title updated

please consider a donation to keep up here

dx

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Lowell Changed CRA Defaulted Date for Vanquis Card ***Adverse Data Removed***

:yo:

and they

• 3 weeks later...

As per my Post 19 above the record has now dropped off my Credit Report and my scores are now as follows:

Clearscore= 357 (up 28)

CreditKarma = 554 (no change but another report coming in about 7 days).

About what I expected as my scores will not be great as I am using a high percentage of my available credit but a nice result in the right direction, at least nothing adverse.

Edited by comebackjimmy
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Well done Dx.

I have had success with two of these, both around the same date, I will put them up when my neighbour gives me her letter to copy.

On the earlier one they sent a cheque for £75 that was £25 per month the wrong info was displayed. The last one was defaulted in 2011. so if they follow the same formula he will be quid's in.

I would like to see your template, I will put mine on the new thread shortly.

They were both on A DMP immediately after default by the way.

Sorry to userp your thread CBJ

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry I missed your kind offer. My thread is up and running. 

As a by the way, how did you find Vanquis were when you rang them? I found them to be very polite and helpful, not at all what I was expecting.

Cheers Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS