Hypothetical Parking in EV charger place

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This really is a hypothetical question, Whilst not trying to outrage the EV owners amongst us, lets say I go to a service station in my diesel car and park in a Tesla EV charging place (Other EV chargers are available) could I get a ticket?

I would assume Tesla have come to an agreement with the car park owners to put their equipment on the site, but I would expect it's unlikely that the car park operator would update their signs to say no parking in the Tesla spots without a Tesla etc.

I know blue badge / disabled places don't actually have any standing, but they do tend to cover that notion on their signs along with parent and child etc.

As I say, hypothetical question only.

My point was do you think the parking co's will have their act together to actually get enough signage to say you can only park a Tesla at a Tesla point etc etc

EDIT: But I'm sure you got that! :)

90% of the time, the PPC's don't even have their act together for form a valid contract for the car parking they do operate. The only way that they'd be able to enforce something along the lines of "Tesla parking only" will be..

A) To have staff on the ground and/or (Will cost them too much money and will eat in to their profits as they'd need staff there 24/7 to ever hope to enforce it.)

B) A more complicated ANPR system that will have to be manually checked per index for vehicle make and/or (Will cost them too much money as they'd need to install more cameras and employ staff to check vehicle indexes.)

C) A self ticketing operation. (This would be the only viable option but most of the PPC's (bar the smaller tin-pot outfits) don't like losing control of who's dishing out tickets to who)

So, in reality, I don't imagine that they'd ever really try to enforce anything like this, it would hurt their bottom line, and we all know, it's about money not parking. :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

It would be a complete money waster for them if they did come out with some way of wording a new contract for Tesla Points.

It's my understanding that a new form of nano crystal electricity is coming in late this year which will automatically recharge Tesla cars without the need for those points.

Hyperthetically I could just do what I did a while back which is park acros's the back of your car...

I got an 8m charging cable so it's usually long enough to do that.

Got back to find one very angry ford owner and one parking warden that couldn't stop laughing..

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

how about we stop playing grandmothers footsteps and you tell us where you have seen an example of what you write about and we can then comment on content when you supply it. As you can see, there are a lot of scenarios that could play out depending on exact circumstance, the simplest being that if you park in a charging point whist going into the shop someone will ask you to move if they need to use the charger