Capital Contribution Order chasing after six years***Resolved***

Swill26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?421236-Rossendales-DCA-chasing-old-legal-aid-debt-**WON!!-revolked-cancelled**

HELP PLEASE, :-(

Thanks for sharing your experience of dealing with Rossendale and Legal aid right through the end.

It gives me HOPE about my same problem i'm experiencing at present.

In my case, it is now been over 6 years since the end of my case when i was convicted of a crime in end of 2011.

i received a surprise out of the blue capital contribution order of over 40k to be paid within 28 days.

letter with legal aid heading on the left side and rossendales on the right head,

signed at the end 'for and behalf of head of crime case management.......plus a separate letter from rossendales.

legal aid was granted after assessing income etc at the time and i did not contribute anything.

i was never made aware and had no knowledge of the amount granted or provided with the cost of fees from solicitors firm

-if i knew the fees was going to be sky high i would have never got representation.

i was unaware of any conditions to pay at a later date

i understood it was a grant, not a repayable loan.

my question is under the section 9 of statute barred limitation act 1980-after 6 years since the legal aid application, can legal aid agency enforce this debt on me?

please help.......:-(

Edited by dx100uk
Removed name formatting

Help Please, :-(

Thanks Dandilion112 for sharing your experience of dealing with Rossendale and Legal aid right through the end. It gives me HOPE about my SAME problem I'm experiencing at present.

In my case, it is now been over 6 years since I was convicted of a crime in end of 2011. I received surprised contribution order of over 47k to be paid within 28 days.

Letter with Legal Aid heading on the left side and Rossendales on the right head, signed at the end 'For and behalf of the Head of Crime Case Management.......plus a separate letter from Rossendales.

Legal aid was granted after assessing income etc at the time and I did not contribute anything.

I was never made aware and had no knowledge of the amount granted or provided with the cost of fees from solicitors firm-If knew fees so high and unaffordable, I would never have got a defence lawyer!! I was unaware of any conditions to pay at a later date as I understood it to be a grant, not a repayable loan.

My question is under the section 9 of statute-barred Limitation Act 1980- can Legal Aid Agency and Rossendales chase and enforce this debt on me after 6 years? Does this law cover Legal Aid?

Please help.......:-(

Edited by honeybee13
Name of head of case management removed

No it doesn't

But ignore the Rossers they in this instance are acting as a powerless DCA

As with that other thread deal direct with LA

If you want to do anything at all

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you very much, I will follow the same guideline.

In the other previous thread page 3 letter from legal aid to Dandilion112 24th April 2014 19:05 reads that legal aid aims to issue CCO within 6 months, but apologised for them taking 2 years...

It is unfair that in my case its taken them 6 years to do so, plus the equity-should be divided into 3 parts as I have 2 kids?

Do you think I have any chance of the same outcome as Dandilion112?

well time to get writing

see what they do

don't forget question everything

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can we see the letter please

scan to PDF

read upload

and they

so exactly the same gumph as they trotted out years ago,

well I expect at sometime you are going to have to deal with this.

i'd certainly make LAA prove if you owe anything and if the calcs are correct.

and they

I never knew the cost of the legal team could ever mount to this much, no one explained to me at the time, I would never have got a solicitor at all.

I had no knowledge of the fees until now, the projected cost was never discussed or made known to me by the soliciting firm.

I was wondering if anyone can help me word a strong letter to the Legal Aid Agency and/or share a good template. please.

Thanks

not that i'm aware of unless theres one in that other thread

there are also a few other LAA threads here where the rossers were chasing.

might pay to simply write to LAA and say you dispute it

or send them an sar

and they

Yes, I have a mortgage in my sole name, with equity. I have 2 dependent kids, so should the equity be divided into 3 parts?

Thanks for your help,

I'm drafting a complaint letter taking points from the previous thread, and will send it off soon.

and they

Hi,

I've emailed stage 1 complaint to legal aid.

Should I also write to Rossendale? I do not want them harassing me about not replying within 28 days or coming to my door.

nope only a dca in this instance ignore them totally powerless

and they

Hi,

For only peace of mind, I posted a complaint letter and in which informed ROSENDALE

that I was have made a complaint to LLA directly and would like to deal them directly as the debt owners,

Why is it taken 7 years for the first ever notice to be sent?

And finally, any contact should be in writing by post only.

However, instead of replying to my complaint a few days later, they've posted notice of INTENTION to enforce contribution order UNLESS a suitable payment is made in next 7 DAYS.

And no reply yet to my complaint email sent to LLA either.

Feeling frustrated and stress

they cant enforce anything

they in this instance are a powerless DCA not bailiffs.

and they

• 2 months later...

Sorry for a long period of silence.:-(

After following the stage 1 and 2 complaint procedure, the LAA still insists I am liable under the CCO as my property have more equity after rosendale did further investigation than the figures I wrote my property was worth at the time of legal aid application.

As for LLA providing the copy of my legal aid application, they say 'can not provide as after 3 years the courts destroys the applications'.:shock

Yet to review my liability I was given 28 days to provide evidence, a mortgage statement for 2010 and two high street estate agents valuation for the year 2010. My estimate was very close to both the actual sold price on land registry and estate agent valuations. I have sent evidence and hope that this the end of unfair demand.:x

Thanks for all your advise!:-)

For ease of reading re posting earlier post as unable to edit, sorry!.

Sorry for a long period of silence, Ive been frustrated with letters back and forth from LLA and rosendale.:-(

After following the stage 1 and 2 complaint procedure, the LAA still insists I am liable under the CCO as my property have more equity after rosendale did further investigation than the figures I wrote my property was worth at the time of legal aid application.

As for LLA providing the copy of my legal aid application, they say 'they cannot provide as after 3 years the courts destroys the applications'.:evil:

Yet to review my liability I was given only 28 days to provide evidence, a mortgage statement for 2010 and two high street estate agents valuation for the year 2010.

My estimate valuation for 2010 was very close to both the actual sold price on land registry and estate agent valuations leaving me with little next to nothing in equity.

I have sent evidence and hope that this is the end of unfair demand.

Thanks for all your advise and for a listening ear.:-)

Keep going

and they

Hi

:-D

I am pleased to inform you that LLA after complaints and sending evidence of valuation of my house for 2010, have now accepted my liability to pay CCO is nill.

I thank you for your kind support and guiding on this thread/forum, where I learnt previous case and followed steps and advise given.

Thank you for lending a listening ear. IT WAS VERY FRUSTRATING 6 MONTHS.

I appreciate your kind support.

Priced out of justice......VICTORY......:!::-)