My CC with MBNA

Geordie_Aaron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so i'm £100 over my limit (have been alot worse) but since december 04, i've had an agreement to have a smaller direct debit to be paid to them, then december last year i requested there be no interest charged as i was only ever paying the interest off....

Well i requested all statements since the account was opened (took 4 phone calls and over 2 months to get them), i recieved them yesturday, and it came BANG onto £800 in late fees and over-limit charges, i've modified the "request for refund" charges so that it added the following line

I know that since i have had money problems in the past, you have come to an arrangement with me over payments to this account, i'm not asking for you to pay me the CASH, i am wanting the money put onto this account as you'll be able to see from my records, you'll notice that this will put me WELL into my credit limit once more.

i would LOVE to have the cash as i've just paid for a holiday to turkey in June.... but.... i'm also £100 over my limit at the mo and they have been 'good' to me, so why not just let them have it, and get them off my back for abit!

So preliminary letter was sent today..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Recieved a letter this morning saying that they will contact me within 28 days..... dont the perliminary state 14 DAYS????

yet they've taken 9days just to get that to me, so that leaves 5 days left before LBA letter gets sent..

• 3 weeks later...
To Whom It May Concern:

First of all I’d like to thank you for your last communication with myself, I will also thank you for your ‘gesture of goodwill’ for £300, which you stated had ‘already been put in my account’….. When I received my statement, this wasn’t true; there was no credit at all, other than my payments. But as this is not the FULL payment I requested (£800), I will be contacting the courts (through Moneyclaim) within the next 14 days to arrange a claim for the remaining £500 I’m owed.

IF payment is made to ME (£300 already accepted then additional £500 or the Full £800 in one go) via cheque/direct credit to my bank account not MBNA account (phone my mobile for details) by the 06/06/06 then of course, I will not have any more problems with you and will not be taking any other action.

Can I just say, I don’t want a ‘standard’ letter AGAIN, as I did request this the last time, everybody is an individually, so should receive a unique response, Also as a closing point, I ask you NOT to send me a letter stating that you will reply to me within x amount of days as I’ve clearly stated above, if I have not received the full payment of £800 to me by 06/06/06 then I will be contacting Moneyclaim

Yours truly,

XXXXXX XXXXXXX

CC Brar & Co Solicitors

Sent today lol

I maynot be the most elegant of people, nor the most subtle, but i think this has got my point across?

• 3 weeks later...

well..... it's 8 days over now..... i'd LOVE TO TAKEM to court for it, but i'm on holiday on monday and have no money (other than spenders_ til i get paid at the end of the month!

Sohuld i try ringing the guy on my previous letter telling them that if i dont have cheque for full amount by the time i get back then once i'm paid i'll be putting a claim forward?

no, that just buys them more time. I would call them and tell them they have not responded and act a bit dim. Say something like you are just about to file your claim online and just wanted to check they have not written to you yet. They will probably say no. Give them until 5pm to come back to you and say if you don't hear from them you will issue the summons this evening. The fact that you won't do it until you get back from hols is irrelevent.

It might not make much difference but at least you will know a bit more before you go away than you do now

Nice one, will phone in a moment, once i gather my thoughts :)icon14.gif

EDIT:

Just remembered i sent it recorded, checked up on it, and it was delivered on 26/05/06, but has name as 'bank of america' (see pic) is that right?

screendump0xi.jpg

Hmm....Interesting....

Phoned up the number given in my last letter from them, and asked to speak with 'steve bailey' who was the one that sent the letter,

Young lassy on the phone said can i help, he's off today, so i explained the whole situation, and she said she'll get intouch with the person dealing with all his queries, anyway, a few hours later i get a call from this 'gareth' that has been spammed all over the board recently......

Explained why i rang him, i said "Yeah, just thought i'd ring and find out if you recieved the reply to the letter i sent which was signed for on the 26th of may, and if you'd replied, as i'm on money claim now and it's asking if i've tried everything i can do, to resolve the matter without getting the courts involved.

He replied "well i dont think there's a need for the courts, what i'll do for you is i'll have a word with a few people about a few things, discuss it over with my boss, and get back to you by 10am tomorrow morning, is that ok with you?"

of course that aint a problem.....so just waiting to hear what i get tomorrow.... anybody want to put bets on?

I'll give you 7/1 they'll offer just over half what i requested lol

URGENT URGENT

just hadhim on the phone, he's saying that because i requested in my first letter that i wanted the charges taken off my MBNA, that he has put them on there (later than the letter said), he's now saying that MBNA 'would prefer' to take it off the account to get the debt cleared (that little bit faster) and be done with me so to speak. now i've said well you didn't do what the letter had said, and so i sent you the letter stating that i wanted ALL chargessent to me (letter above) and he's gone to speak with the 'collections team#' what can i do/say? because he's saying that because they are putting the rest of the charges on the account, i have no grounds for a claim... .HELP

Oh well. he phoned back and said they've not only credited the FULL amount back onto the account, but also the interest incurred (£110) so i have no grounds to claim. and to be fair i dont now lol

would have been nice to have £800 extra to go on holiday with though lol

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks