contribution based ESA

postmn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a phone call from job center plus telling me to attend a appointment on march 8 in a job center that is 30 mins away when there is a perfectly good one 10 minutes down the road from me and a lot easier to get to .

Also they are asking me to attend even though its contrubtion based and it is coverd my a doctors sick note and I have not been released form my company .

Basically anyone know what they want because they have had all the paperwork and can I change it to the closer job center

Just got a phone call from job center plus telling me to attend a appointment on march 8 in a job center that is 30 mins away when there is a perfectly good one 10 minutes down the road from me and a lot easier to get to .

Also they are asking me to attend even though its contrubtion based and it is coverd my a doctors sick note and I have not been released form my company .

Basically anyone know what they want because they have had all the paperwork and can I change it to the closer job center

Yes, the process is complicated by roll out of Universal Credit which is gradually taking over. Basically only certain Job Centres can process the ECA contribution claims and it might be that your nearest Job Centre cannot do it. You could phone them to ask or phone the number on the ESA form received.

You do need to go into the Job Centre with thw completed forms and anything they have requested. There is no other option. They no longer do this by phone applications or online.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the thing being is all the forms were done over the phone and they sent me my copy and they also received the SSP1 form from my employee and the fitness note from my gp . so cannot see why they need to have a face to face but I suppose I will have to wait and see

the thing being is all the forms were done over the phone and they sent me my copy and they also received the SSP1 form from my employee and the fitness note from my gp . so cannot see why they need to have a face to face but I suppose I will have to wait and see

I think the Job Centres are linked to an ESA service centre and the role of the Job Centre is to make sure all details are correcf/ready to be processed. ESA contribution is time limited to 1 year and at the end of it, if someone needs benefits, it will be Universal Credit for those under state pension age. And Universal Credit requires much more involvement of Job Centres in the process than ESA. So perhaps this is partly why Job Centres are involved. Get people used to a Job Centre having a role in their life.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

well poped into the local job center to see wether they could help and they were very helpful , changed the appointment to that one and also said they get a lot of people from the area I'm in who are set appointments to the one that's miles away , apparently its all to do with they only use the first few digits of the post code and when you arte on a border like I am you loose out but all sorted now