• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The fos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my experience so far.

I was a victim of identity theft on an account opened at a three year old address where i hadnt lived

I only discovered this due to my credit file.

I called the bank....the bank themselves told me to go into branch and hand identification.

Confirmed. went to the bank got a statement out and changed address, all information

A cheque had been paid in by the person who comitted the crime. I asked for details, said i would need to pay to get the copy of the cheque, couldnt at that precise minute.

Contacted the banks head office just to get the situation confirmed and more over to find out what this cheque was ( As reality says if they had to open an account in my name,the cheque would of also been in my name)

So flip to the executive office. Reponse email we will look into it

Following day i call..they say i..myself failed security lol..lets be factual here,there was not a question wrong, even from a background point of view,that and being my details were updated in branch!

Recieve an email saying another team is looking into it and possibly i may be able to tell you tomorrow what the cheque was.

Tomorrow comes around, i cant apparently due to data protection...data protection of what miss its my name that got used!!..now while this has been going on, a new bank card has arrived and internet banking credentials to my updated address.

So the only other route is to get internet banking active as it would show the cheque identifier,like what bank etc, my guess is that was a ppi refund or the like

So ok,start to create, i have an issue at the password login,id already created, so i call there tech department.

The tech department informs me...AT THAT STAGE..at that stage after going in branch and talking to there senior folk at head office..that i cant just take ownership of an account,then cancels everything.

I recieve a cosy letter saying they have removed the account and marker from my credit file and listed me on cifas.

and that maybe i could contact barclays to get information of the cheque.

So i did a ppi refund was issued to that very old address. Only because i have had to initiate that with barclays and discuss with their head office.

right to the fos...late september the complaint was made, we are now on the 16/02/2018 after a few calls and emails from myself and told i would have a response, the advisor is now piecing things up to an endgame. Its not a great outlook for myself and the fos

Honestly i think the system is biased,

My question is ...sorry thought id explain the story. if i disagree with the fos..which i will..ive a strong feeling they will side with the bank, who in my opinion is seriously flawed between departments, from branch to top senior level. I have never known such a lapse in clear and concise methods. Who do i go to after fos, can i ask for someone else to look for it?

If for one second the fos entertain the bank operated within procedure they must be reading something else

trying to understand WHAT you are actually complaining to them about?

you did a PPI reclaim and a cheque in regard to that went to your old address?

someone got it and opened an account in your name to cash it?

and now you have a CIFAS marker you want gone?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay..

to be clearer..

the fact a bank doesnt even know its own method of working from high level to low level.

The fact i had to jump through hoops to know anything whatsoever.

The fact their system can allow an account to be opened from three years ago.

The fact there head office is simply incompetent.

The fact i had to investigate the cheque myself when technically i could of seen it already if i paid for a copy

No i did no ppi claim,that rests on the other banks fault for sending it to a three year old address.

In actual fact,its lucky the account wasnt abused whilst under someone elses control

To sum up im complaining about the fact a squirrel could provide a better service than that bank

• 1 month later...

Update,

The date is now the 23/03/2018

The last update from the person dealing with the complaint was

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your patience whilst we’ve been looking at your case.

I’m writing to let you know that there have been a number of developments within our service which has meant that we’re taking a closer look at the issues you’ve brought to our attention. We’re doing so to ensure that we’re providing the fairest answer and that we are consistent with our approach to these cases.

What this means, for now, is that your case is on hold. I’m unable to give you any definitive timescales as to when our review will be completed, but please rest assured that I will update you as soon as any developments occur.

If you need anything from me in the meantime, please do let me know.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

DX, you asked me what i was complaining about, my complaint overall is regarding how a banking institution can open an account on an address i lived at three years ago, how someone could use some form of identification to open the account. Literally its been three years since i lived there, no open accounts, no passports, driving license etc etc would of gone there for identification. Then the lapse of the banks staff from branch to executive office level. The only person who gave me any type of clarity was the online advisor when i tried to get internet banking working to find out what the cheque was.

His words as i remember sort of!. "its protocol that the account automatically gets shut down, you cannot just take over the account in your name" Now i went to branch with updated identification, i spoke with there head office which being fair were useless.

My complaint is i want the cheque refunded and compensation for there lack and useless ways of operating as a banking institution. Now its lucky the account was not abused. I just cannot get my head around them being able to open an account on an address from 3 three years ago!! Now it must of done some damage having the cifas marker on my file, i have had serious trouble getting identification confirmed.

This is my main complaint i guess, its just beyond belief. It was way to easy for the person who opened the account and then subsequently cashed a cheque in my name to do!!!!!!

Regarding the last email from them, i responded with an email of unhappiness, then they responded again from a different department saying they are on the case but its taking time.