Lowell Claimform - old Vanquis card debt***Settled Tomlin Order***

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Vanquis card up until late 2012.

I lost my job through no fault of my own and contacted them to start the repayment insurance that I was paying them for.

They didn't call it PPI, they called it something else.

I was told I could not claim.

I said what on earth was I paying Payment Protection Insurance for if I cannot claim on it.

I told them angrily at the time that as far as I was concerned, the matter was closed and they would not be getting another penny out of me.

I had the usual two dozen phone calls each day all from different numbers, but I just disconnected the phone.

In the end, they got fed up and farmed it out to several DCA's all of which I told to get lost.

In November last year, they sold the 'debt' to Lowell and I have had them on my back.

I said that as far as I was concerned, I was mis sold insurance and the amount was mostly made up of illegal charges and exorbitant credit fees and the matter was closed.

This is due to be Statute Barred in about December, but I don't think that I could hold them off that long.

I have heard that Lowlife now go to Court on their 'purchased' debts.

I just wonder what my next move is and would the mis selling route be the best way to do down if they do decide to go through the Courts.

Can anyone help? it would be much appreciated.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No... Letter of claim is first step before claim form...

And Think you need to read up on Repayment Option Plan...

Provident have been slapped recently hard...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Just searched and it was called ROP (Repayment Option Plan).

It wasn't worth the paper it was printed on as I expected it to cover any repayments whilst I was unemployed.

I was furious at the time and just told them that I was not paying the repayments as I was insured and unemployed.

As far as I was concerned, they were a bunch of crooks.

they send a letter before the County Court form.

I will wait then until I get that.

I was thinking a while ago as it wasn't called PPI,

I wouldn't be able to make a claim,

however, if I can, I sure will.

I would love to get my own back on those robbers.

go find out when your last payment was

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my experience with lowell/vanquis,

they passed on to solicitors,

they eventually sent court papers,

with the help of CAG ,

i filed a defence,

their solicitors told me my defence was weak and urged me to settle for a reduced some,

i declined and they never paid the court fee,

it was evetually struck out,

i received a few letters from solicitors over a few months

then a letter sthey are dropping the court claim,

lowell then wrote to advise they we writing the debt off, by this time it was well and truly status barred.

they also had a further 2 credit card debts that they purchased,

but have failed to pursue after getting nowhere with court.

.. i also had ROP and i havent gone down the claim route yet

hope that helps

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

I made the last payment in September 2012 because I was made redundant at the end of that month.

The default notice was sometime around December 2012 because I looked at my credit history a couple of months ago when all of this kicked off again.

I was definitely mis sold this ROP because I was told that it would cover my payments if I lost my job.

When I tried to claim on it when I lost my job, I was told that was not possible.

I was paying for, and being charged interest on something I could not claim on and wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

I told them that this was breach of contract and I was paying them nothing, as I was insured to cover these repayments.

I have received the Pre-Legal Assessment today from them, they are threatening all sorts.

I intend to fight Lowell every inch of the way as that amount is mainly made up of ROP, illegal charges and extortionate interest. Just wondering where do I go from here?

Any help and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Then reclaim this RoP.

All that BS from lowlifes about 'pre-legal' is nonsense and IMO dowsn't merit a response, it's simply computer generated garbage they spit out.

Get that RoP reclaim in.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The only thing is that I have very little paperwork with it being almost 6 years ago.

Do you think I should SAR them before putting the claim in, so I have all of the written evidence.

However, it wouldn't surprise me that these crooks would probably put anything to do with the ROP straight through the shredder.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is a letter before legal action.

It was dated 15 February and they have given me up to 1 March to respond.

I am going to CCA Lowell and SAR Vanquis.

We’ll see what they come up with.

I fully intend to reclaim on this ROP because they were taking peoples eyes out with it and from what I have seen on the net, people have had quite good payouts. But before that, I want to get as much info off them before it suddenly goes “missing”!!.

• 4 months later...

Just to report back,

I have finally got the CCA back from them.

This has took nearly 3 months from when I first requested it.

They sent me the agreement (with no signature) just an online tick.

That agreement looks like it has been knocked together by an 8 year old.

It also could have been put together at any time by simply typing my name and the date on one of their agreements.

It looks very amateurish.

I was also send a ream of transactions.

If you add up all of the ROP, interest and the penalty charges, it is more than 3 times the original balance (sure that can't be legal).

I have started to become bombarded with letters again from Lowlife.

The last one I received yesterday was them very kindly advising me of how long it would take for the "debt" to be settled versus how much to pay.

Well I am paying £0.00 per month, I wonder how long that will take.

I am ignoring the threatograms, and waiting for their next move.

Could anyone who has had dealings with this lot please advise me the likelihood of them actually going to Court with this as I am thinking that some Judges may not take their business model too kindly and are fed up with dealing with cases brought by them.

Many thanks.

scan up the CCA return to ONE multipage PDF

read upload

and they

lowells are litigious,

they hope you cave in,

they push it to the last minute and if no prospect discontinue before they loose their money/fees,

they hope for an unopposed case to up their accounting books figures.

other threads and you will see how they operate.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

dx100uk - I don't have a printer scanner, but I am looking taking pictures on my phone and doing it that way. I will find a suitable app to do it and scan them up asap.

Old Cogger - Just had a look though a few threads both here and elsewhere. You are so correct, they do try it on don't they and when it becomes serious, suddenly back down. It's a case of who cracks first. I don't have any intention of backing down due to a) being conned by Vanquis in the first place and b) standing up to repugnant bullying vermin such as Lowell.

If they want a fight, they can jolly well have one. I'll have my day in Court if it is their desire.