Renewal Car Insurance has added me to the policy - help

marthafarqua
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've just been pulled up by the police who told me, to my surprise I had no insurance on my car.

Our insurance was up for renewal in January so we let it automatically renew.

£200 fine and 6pts on my license

I came home to see what had happened.

I have been driving this car for 3 years now.

The Insurance company (first Central) told us on chat (can't get hold of them by phone) the details were correct that only my husband was insured.

We looked for emails regarding policy documents etc.

They said that they got details from confused.com and that's how they based their/our policy.

Our previous insurance company always insured the name driver and spouse.

I am not sure if my husband has ticked the box which states spouse or not and there is no way to check.

Could I have been driving around with my kids in the back of the car without any insurance for over 2 years???

In December last year I had to go on a speed awareness course for doing 34MPH in a 30 zone.

My question is wouldn't this issue have flagged up then?

I did the speed aware course in December.

Our insurance for the car was automatically renewed in January.

Please help.

Ask for a copy of your insurance document. It will state everything in there.,

Sadly, this is the risk you take with the cheap online only insurers.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

With 99% of insurance companies these days, you can look at your policy and even download/print your insurance documents online. https://my.1stcentralinsurance.com/Customer/Login/AccountLogin?isValid=True

You may even be able to see old certificates.

Oh, and by the way for future reference... 0333 043 2066 :thumb:

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Depends. How were you caught? Camera or were you stopped by a police officer?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Camera

In that case, they wouldn't have checked insurance, and even if they had the vehicle would have shown as insured.

Have you had a look at your documents online?

• 2 weeks later...