carpet installation

janes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased carpets for 2 bedrooms and stairs

told the guy i would not be able to clear rooms.

Came with free fitting

never said anything

paid for carpets.

Then he said you will have to clear the rooms.

I said i just told you i could not.

said well they can work around and do one room and then come back next day and do next. said no wanted it on one day

Well they arrive

i cleared rooms bar the beds

they refused to fit

had a long argument with owner who said they could not becuase they had to put grippers down.

Then when i said but the rooms are 12ft and the beds are on casters and only 4ft said well it would be extra money

Refused to fit and wanted to leave carpets i said no

how do i get money back

it is a small company and i think they wont pay up they did not even give me an invoice

how did you make payment.....Credit Card/Debit Card/Cash ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Usually local carpet firms are very accommodating.

The fact you haven't got grippers makes the job more expensive, they're right.

When you bought the carpet it was assume that it would be a straight swap and previous carpet had grippers.

Now they found that there are no grippers, they have to charge you for them, they're not free.

They can install the carpet with the bed inside the room, seen done many times.

How much they want for the grippers?

Is it reasonable?

No i paid for grippers. I really dont understand the owner was so rude on the phone saying "you people always something free well it costs" My friend went to the shop pretending to be customer and said the same as me that there would be beds in the room. The shop assistant said that was fine as they could push them to one side.

I dont want anything to do with the company but they wont give me back my money

" I dont want anything to do with the company but they wont give me back my money "

I will try again .....how did you make payment.....Credit Card/Debit Card/Cash ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

sorry i paid with debit card but have asked bank about a charge back not sure how this works. They say i have to write to company and request money back and then contact them on 24th February. I can not belive the way the company spoke to me "you people always want something free" and then screaming at me "do you recognise my voice" as he was the owner not the person who served me.