• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Question for today’s PC correct UK.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fear of being told off for being rude, homophobe, sexist, racist, christianophobe, islamophobe, etc.etc.

I found a pink wallet with butterflies and glitters in our office and gave it to security.

He said: "that's very girly".

A homosexual colleague overheard him and reported him to the manager.

Full blast investigation!

When i heard that i had to go for an interview to "testify" against the security i went to "Mr offended" and told him to get a grip.

He didn't report me.

Nowadays we can barely breathe without being told off.

How sad!

this is another example of people being offended by proxy. what has been said doesnt affect them but they think that someone will be offended so they start a complaint on behalf of a possibly non-existent person whose characteristics may have been offended. It is new colonialism but the emplire is not some foreign land that we trample all over in some bloody war buta form of fascism where people think they need to think in a certain way and will report anyone to the gestapo to curry favour and to cleanse their own sense of guilt.

I occasionally get the same language from a relative of mine regarding the raising of my grandchildren. She may well have been the head of social services for a large county but she has never even had a cat let alone children of her own so cant actually speak for personal experience. My children and grandchildren are far from perfect but they are doing very well despite never having had any input from the professionals at social services of any sort.

The schools I work in have new rules regarding egnder change and gender fluidity as there are 4 pupils who no longer relate to their birth gender. This means following convoluted paths hwereas a couple of years ago pupils who decided that they wanted to be the opposye gender just decided waht name they wanted to be know as but the school records couldnt be changed and wore what uniform they wisjed. Now skirts as part of the school uniform has been abolished so anyone wearing a skirt is now forced to wear trousrs and poor parents are forced to waste money replacing perfectly good clothing for the sake of 1 person in 600 when they had a choice anyway

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

It is getting out of hand. Some of the PC brigade are the worst offenders. They crticise others, but then don't look at their own behaviour.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry I did not get back sooner, to your replies but I had to go into hospital for a few days, any way enough of that.

I totally agree with all the comments made, on this subject, but the word I think stands out the most is the word Sad, I think what is happening is very sad for society as a whole.

About 4 years ago I happened to be walking to the shops from my house, one of the roads is on a gradient, when you reach the top of it there is a sharp bend, and any car coming around it does not have much time to stop if there is an obstruction in the road.

This is what happened to me:- when I reached this bend I could not believe my eyes, in the middle of the road was a baby, about 12 months old, I nearly wet myself, I rushed into the middle of the road and grabbed her, just in time as a car did come around the bend. The gate to a house just were I found this baby was open and I assumed that the child came from that garden, even though all the doors were closed.

The child was crying, I nocked on the door this woman answered, about 20ish, I won’t call her a lady, I was asking her if this was her child as I had found her crawling up the middle of the road just as a car came around the bend, she hurled the most fowl abuse at me grabbed the baby and slammed the door in my face.

With the way things are today, this woman could have phoned the police and accused me of trying to abduct her child, how the hell would I have explained that to the police, it could have ruined me for life, even if I was found not guilty, you know what they say were theirs smoke theirs fire.

Thinking back on that incident would I do it again, could I live with myself if I didn’t, yes I would do it again. But it makes you think. Very SAD.

Similarly, i saw a little girl 2/3 year old falling a couple of feet away from me.

Her mother was struggling upstairs with the pram.

In my days i would have helped the girl get up, instead i grabbed the pram from the mother so SHE could help her child up.

I know that's silly, but imagine if i helped the girl up by giving her my hand and the mother started screaming "paedophile!!!"

There were another couple of people around and they didn't bat an eyelid.

Can you blame them?

SAD!

I think your comments are all correct, in relation to is chivalry dead, I think it is

and one of the reasons for this is that, we are all classed as the same there is

no male/female (am I aloud to use those 2 words now I am going to use them anyway),

and before any body jumps on me I can assure you that I am all for equality, if a woman does

the same job as a man she should in my opinion be entitled to the same wage, no discrimination.

How ever if we are all the same why should a man be expected to give up his seat to a woman

on a train/bus, he has paid his fare just the same as she has and is entitled to a seat, why should

he be expect in most case to pay for a meal when they go out on a date?

In my opinion the problem as far as equality is concerned is that feminist seem to want equality

when it suits them, and when it does not they then wish to be treated differently they can’t have

it both ways, they either wish to be equal or not.

In my opinion chivalry has been killed off by equality, so women have to learn to live without

being treated as a lady, but it makes life easier for us men we don’t have to give are seat up.

Life is indeed somewhat scary today. No matter what you do or say it is likely you will offend someone, somewhere. It makes you want to stay in bed an not communicate !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How about we expand this discussion, the Bear Garden

is a place for discussion, nobody has to agree with each

other and some discussion can be contentious, everybody

is entitled to their own opinion, I will give my opinion in

a later stage on this subject.

As has been mentioned earlier at the start of this thread,

the PC brigade are taking over this country, so every thing

is up for grabs.

My next question is should women be allowed to serve on

war ships?? and if so why??

I reiterate I am all for the equal rights of women, if you

do the same job you should both get the same pay and

recognition, no question.

There are 2 places where I do not believe in equality, one is the armed forces in that I dont think women should be placed in front line roles as ordinary infantry. and secondly women shouldnt work in mines. It took centuries to end that practice so the law should remain.

with the former I have met a number of women who were in the SOE and Free French and were very good killers and knew 2 who used to train the SAS in aspects of unarmed combat until their sixties so it isnt becaue I dont believe that women cant kill but as the Israeli army found out when a female soldier gets wounded more men will stop fighting to attend to her than they would with a fellow bloke so it is bad for unit efficiency and morale.

I have met a number of women who were in the SOE and Free French and were very good killers and knew 2 who used to train the SAS in aspects of unarmed combat until their sixties so it isnt becaue I dont believe that women cant kill but as the Israeli army found out when a female soldier gets wounded more men will stop fighting to attend to her than they would with a fellow bloke so it is bad for unit efficiency and morale.

“I totally agree with your post ericsbrother” during the last war their were a number of women in the Special Operations Executive,

I have every admiration for them, some gave their lives in horrific conditions and torture, I can honestly say they had more gusts

than me, I don’t know if I would have had the guts to do what they did.

However these women worked on their own, after being told what their mission was how they went about it was basically their

decision, it did not normally involve another person, the buck stops with that person, I have no problem with that.

There are a number of other instances of women, in positions in the Armed Forces were the decision which they make affects

them only, for example, there is a female pilot in the Red Arrows, plus a number of other:-

i)The number of female personnel designated as pilot and currently acting as such in the RAF;

ii) The number of female personnel designated as pilot and currently acting as such in the Army;

iii) The number of female personnel designated as pilot and currently acting as such in the Royal Navy;

iv) The total number of female personnel designated as pilot in the RAF;

v) The total number of female personnel designated as pilot in the Army;

vi) The total number of female personnel designated as pilot in the Royal Navy.

As I have said previously, I have no problem with, women per-say in the military, however I do have a problem with women serving on warships!

for example, there is a female pilot in the Red Arrows

No there isn't.

Red 1. Sqn Ldr Martin Pert.

Red 2. Flt Lt Jon Bond.

Red 3. Flt Lt David Stark.

Red 4. Flt Lt Chris Lyndon-Smith.

Red 5. Flt Lt Dan Lowes.

Red 6. Flt Lt Si Taylor.

Red 7. Flt Lt Toby Keeley.

Red 8. Flt Lt Matt Masters.

Red 9. Flt Lt Mike Bowden.

Red 10. Sqn Ldr Adam Collins.

There was a female pilot in the team, but she left in 2012.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

There was a female pilot in the team, but she left in 2012.

So I got it wrong, but the fact that she left in 2012, does not alter the fact that she was a member of the Red Arrow's. and good for her.

I have my own opinion on the subject of women on submarines, which I will cover a bit later,

especially in relation to sleeping accommodation.

Could I ask this question again:- should women be allowed to serve on warships?? and if so why??

as nobody seems to have answered it, other than honeybee, answering a question with a question,

I would assume she thinks they should, if I am correct could you tell me why.

The American Navy was one of the first to allow women on warships, I believe they are relooking at the

situation, which this created, this may interest you, this information which relates to America was obtained

by The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigation Group., and it certainly puts an interesting slant on the subject.

The problem which they have come up against is also increasing in the Royal Navy, SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER? to

this problem, and how does it affect the operational ability of a warship?

]A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy,

according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments

short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness. Further, such increases

cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama.

Overall, women unexpectedly leave their stations on Navy ships as much as 50% more frequently to return to

land duty, according to documents obtained from the Navy. The statistics were compiled by the Navy Personnel

Command at the request of TheDCNF, covering the period from January 2015 to September 2016.

The evacuation of pregnant women is costly for the Navy. Jude Eden, a nationally known author about women

in the military who served in 2004 as a Marine deployed to Iraq said a single transfer can cost the Navy up to

$30,000 for each woman trained for a specific task, then evacuated from an active duty ship and sent to land.

That figure translates into $115 million in expenses for 2016 alone.

I would suspect this is still on going, even though this information relates to 2016.

[/i]

In the words of the great Dave Allan

If the sexy young girl next door wanted to sunbathe naked in her garden and spotted me looking out of my window at her, She would have me arrested for being a peeping tom

Yet if i decided to sunbathe naked in my garden and she looks out of her window, She has me arrested for being a flasher

In the words of the great Dave Allan

If the sexy young girl next door wanted to sunbathe naked in her garden and spotted me looking out of my window at her, She would have me arrested for being a peeping tom

Yet if i decided to sunbathe naked in my garden and she looks out of her window, She has me arrested for being a flasher

Just imagine what you could be accused of

if you were walking down the road, and a young lady

collapsed with cardiac arrest, and you give her CPR

and mouth to mouth.

I must say that having visited a number of warships I do wonder about the accommodation of separate sexes

Having women serve on war ships would not create a problem, with accommodation, what would

happen is if you took 100 men off a destroyer for instance, the accommodation that they vacated

would be allocated to the women, that would also include toilets (heads) and shower rooms. officers

have their own toilets/showers separate from the rest of the ships company.

So all you would be doing is substituting one for another.

My next question is should women be allowed to serve on

war ships?? and if so why??

Are you saying they shouldn't?HB

As the above question has not been answered I shall I suppose have to answer it.

The Royal Navy is an extremely officiant fighting force, and has been for a very long

time, before the advent of having women on ships, so would putting them on board

ship make that ship more efficient, the answer is resounding NO!

So if this is the case the only conclusion is that it is more to do with political correctness,

as there is no benefit to the efficient running and operational ability of the ship, (it’s like all

women short lists in elections it’s not because the person concerned is better it is solely based

on gender) and that is a stupid way to run anything, by just basing it on gender.

So my answer honeybee13 to the question is no, they should not be on warships, and there is no

benefit in doings so, how did the Navy cope for hundreds of years without them on board?