MBNA NOSIA Int refund out of the blue

CharlieGP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am new to this and I hope the good people out there can help me.

I used to be in terrible debt problems in the second half of the 00's and beginning of the 10's - with many credit cards and unsecured loans. All of which I was paying large amounts of penalties and interest. This was with Lloyds, Natwest, Egg, Virgin and MBNA.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from MBNA (relating to a Virgin credit card account) saying the when my credit card account was in arrears they should have sent me a notice of sums in arrears on 21st September 2009 but as a result of an error they didn't. Therefore they have refunded any interest and default fees that were added from the date and the date of this letter (9th Jan 2018). The total (to my amazement) was a £9k refund in the form of an attached cheque. I did not believe it until the cheque cleared which it now has.

I have some questions:

1) Should MBNA pay me interest on top of this for keeping this money over the period of time. I think I am right in saying that if this was resolved in court then I would be due 8% straight interest on the refunded amounts.

2) How do I check if I am due refunds from Natwest, LLoyds, Egg? I did not receive anything regarding a sum of notice in arrears at the time as far as I am aware.

- What criteria do they need to send the notices of sum in arrears? I have read on line that many of the top institutions failed to do this but could not get any real details.

- Does this apply to credit cards and unsecured loans?

- Can I do anything to chase this with them or is it a case of wait and see? I have found the odd article on this on line but am struggling to see if I have a case and if so what I need to do.

I have rung Natwest and LLoyds and also went into the branch - but all useless and they had no information on NOSIA refunds or investigations.

Anyway - it would be fantastic if anyone out there can help me on this.

Many thanks and appreciation in advance

Charles

1) Dont quibble over 9k - Thats a lot :)

Keep it and dont look back... Dont be too greedy :)

2) Send a DSAR - Depends if it is 6 years or less if you might get anything back.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

NOSIA interest refunds are automatic

you don't need to contact anyone.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1) Dont quibble over 9k - Thats a lot :)

Keep it and dont look back... Dont be too greedy :)

2) Send a DSAR - Depends if it is 6 years or less if you might get anything back.

———————-

Thanks, I am extremely happy as you can imagine I was just wondering what the law/ ombudsman states/ recommended regarding the loss of interest earned.

What information do I ask the banks and how do I do this? Can I try and claim regardless of this NOSIA error?

Apologies - after finally sorting my life out I have not looked into any of this so am ignorant on this subject.

Thanks

Charles

NOSIA interest refunds are automatic

you don't need to contact anyone.

——————

Thanks but do you know what criteria my credit card and loans had to meet to demand a notice of sums in arrears?

And how do I know if I will recieve any refund and when.

Or is it a case of just chill and see what happens? Seems very opposite to the approach the ombudsman took with PPI.

Thanks, I really appreciate your time.

Charles

PPI is not law driven necessarily.

NOSIA are - They have a requirement to give you certain info in a NOSIA etc and failure to comply means similar to what you recieved.

Chill on it. Let it take its course :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis