Charity Commission statement on Oxfam

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Charity Commission statement on Oxfam

Charity regulator's response to concerns about Oxfam

The Charity Commission has made the following statement in response to concerns raised in the media regarding Oxfam:

The allegations reported in the media have absolutely no place in society, and are made all the more shocking by the alleged involvement of charity workers. Charities are rightly held to the highest standards.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-commission-statement-on-oxfam

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the governemnts reliance on charities to deliver services and charities reliance on government for funding was bound to become unstuck and all I can say is about time. there should be a clear separation as charities are all supposed to be non political so accepting the cash and acting as an arm of the state is always a bad thing regardless of the good intentions. There are over a million registred charities and many of them merely duplicate each other or spend fortunes on administration so a proper look at how they run is welcomeed by me but that should also include how governemnts interact with them as well and not just this govt. For example the Red Cross provides the healthcare for entire nations so that means that politics can interfere with its work in other areas.

Charity Commission opens statutory inquiry into Oxfam and sets out steps to improve safeguarding in the charity sector

The Commission launches new statutory inquiry into Oxfam (registered charity number 202918).

The Charity Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales, has today, 12 February, opened a statutory inquiry into the charity Oxfam (registered charity number 202918). It comes after the Commission examined documents sent today by Oxfam regarding allegations of misconduct by staff involved in its humanitarian response in Haiti. The Commission has concerns that Oxfam may not have fully and frankly disclosed material details about the allegations at the time in 2011, its handling of the incidents since, and the impact that these have both had on public trust and confidence.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-commission-opens-statutory-inquiry-into-oxfam-and-sets-out-steps-to-improve-safeguarding-in-the-charity-sector

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

I'd be shocked if anyone thinks this is a surprise.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Many times on this forum i have expressed my view on charities and most members have told me off.

If Oxfam is in this mess, imagine the small charities run from home by millionaire directors paying themselves wages higher than the prime minister.

Many times on this forum i have expressed my view on charities and most members have told me off.

If Oxfam is in this mess, imagine the small charities run from home by millionaire directors paying themselves wages higher than the prime minister.

NEVER question the Left’s wisdom about their special interest groups.....

Charity regulator sets out scope of statutory inquiry into Oxfam

Update regarding the Charity Commission's investigation into Oxfam

The Charity Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales, has today set out the scope of its statutory inquiry into Oxfam, registered charity number 202918.

The inquiry was opened on 12 February 2018 after the Commission examined documents sent on Monday by Oxfam regarding allegations of misconduct by staff involved in its humanitarian response in Haiti. The Commission has concerns that Oxfam may not have fully and frankly disclosed material details about the allegations at the time in 2011, its handling of the incidents since, and the impact that these have both had on public trust and confidence.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-regulator-sets-out-scope-of-statutory-inquiry-into-oxfam

Statement from the International Development Secretary on Oxfam

Mordaunt: "Oxfam has agreed to withdraw from bidding for any new UK Government funding until DFID is satisfied that they can meet the high standards we expect of our partners"

On Friday 16 February International Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt said:

“I have now received a formal response to the set of demands I put to Oxfam in my meeting with Mark Goldring, Chief Executive, and Caroline Thomson, Chair of Trustees, on 12 February.

“I made three demands: that they make clear how they will handle any forthcoming allegations around safeguarding - historic or live; that they report staff members involved in this incident to their respective national governments; and that they fully cooperate with the Haitian authorities, including handing over all evidence they hold. Oxfam has now confirmed that they have complied with all of these points.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-from-the-international-development-secretary-on-oxfam