Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    rockystar Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2018

Default Re: LOWELLS Claim Form - old vanquis card debt

Is there any way I can/will win this? Seems so unlikely and I will likely be too nervous to make sense of it all.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Pers for 900 id let it run even if you lose youve only got to raise 250 in another month to avoid the ccj being reg'd.

Or up your f&f to say 650 and thats your lot else i'll take me chance on the day TA

See what andy says later

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Try 600.....

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rockystar Novitiate

So, I went back and offered 650 on Saturday morning and was told I needed to call back Monday morning as no one was available. Called back this morning and they still rejected it. So I'm due in court at 2pm. Feeling sick.

All of this is really baffling to me, to be honest. I don't know how to defend myself or what to say or not say. Can anyone give me advice on that? Is there anything I should definitely not say/anything I should?

Thanks everyone!

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

You really have to relax and get this into perspective...why you felling sick ? It really is quite informal...if you win you win..if you lose..at least you gave it go and made them spend more and work harder for their judgment...a claim they never expected you to defend.

The Judge will direct and ask you points when your turn arrives...you have your initial defence you have your witness statements with the points raised...simply refer to them and let the judge then ask them to explain your points.

It is important that you raise the matter of trying twice to settle this offering F&FS...even given your current financial circumstances..including today's offer...and tell the court they simply flat refused and were not interested.

See how the Judge reacts to that.

Best of luck...if you lose its a 1 a month.....inform the court you are on benefits.

Regards

Andy

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rockystar Novitiate

Okay, thanks. I know you're right, it's just so unsettling. Thanks for all your help on this and I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you so much

Do not clam up and say nothing...have your say..only 1 chance.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    rockystar Novitiate

One quick question: In my conversation on Thursday with Lowells, I was told "It doesn't matter to us whether it takes you 10 or 20 years to pay this". I recorded the conversation. Should I mention this, that I recorded it and the quote? Thanks

No thats irrelevant...just what I have advised above.....courts do not like these type of claims...even more so Claimants who are abusing the system to clog up court time and resources. LOwell will most probably be using in house counsel a the hearing...so thats another chance to rack up a little more profit.

Courts always encourage parties to mediate and try to settle..and do not take kindly to parties refusing to even attempt...even if you lose he will be sympathetic and may dismiss and costs for today or restrict their interest requested.

If they use a rent a Sol for the hearing he may well approach you before you enter the court room and try to proffer a deal ..unaware that LOwell have already flat refused....if thats the case make your offer again....but no more than 600.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    jon8214 Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2017

Hi, how did you get on today? Hope it went well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details