Is my employer handling my Performance Improvement Plan procedure correctly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My line manager recently resigned, a new director has taken over the team

in my first conversation I have with the new director he tells me "You are going onto a PIP".

I was pretty shocked as had no warning from anyone, written or verbal, that this was coming.

I was already feeling stressed prior to this and this tipped me over so I have been on sick leave for past 2 weeks and just been signed off for another 2 weeks.

(I have had virtually no sick days in 12 years prior with my employer).

The PIP objectives themselves have not yet been discussed or agreed / signed by me.

My questions are

1) Has correct process been followed for the PIP? (i.e no warning is required?)

2) I learnt yesterday that because I am on a PIP my boss has option to only pay me Statutory sick pay and that's what he has instigated for next 2 weeks. Is this legal even if PIP has not been signed / formally agreed with me?

3) Linked to 2) as this was unexpected (it places potential financial stress on me when I am already off with stress).

Is that fair or does impact on me not matter?

Thanks in advance for responses

p:s - Background is below if this helps with responses to the above

I have been with my financial services employer for 12 years and have always had ok to very good performance reviews over the years.

I moved roles about 10 months ago (Having been in a very stressful role previously)

The new role is very much spreadsheet reviews of very complex datasets (not my strength)

although certain aspects of the role I did well.

When I did get feedback I only got 2 pieces (one from a peer who has a "coordinating role") and one from my line manager.

My line manager didn't give written feedback just answered some questions which require a "Always, often, sometimes, seldom, never" type response. His responses were "sometimes".

When I arranged a meeting to go through his responses, he explained that sometimes I do something well and sometimes I don't (how enlightening!).