UKPC Windscreen PCN - no permit - works parking - NW106JP , Sunbeam road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello , I was issued a ticket on an industrial estate where I worked for not displaying a permit .

My car was parked outside of our unit , i was one of two employees who were ticketed in the same week for not having a permitt . Parking permitts are issued by the company but there are never enough to go round , visitors forget to hand them back in or they get lost .

I contacted head office who were going to deal with this but yesterday i recieved a " notification letter " stating they had already sent out a previous letter in regards to this matter . This is the first communication i have had from UKPC & i thought it had been dealt with as the " offence" occurred at the beginning of December . I have since changed jobs .

UKPC are threatening court action , the amount they are claiming is £100 . I am looking for advise on how to procceed .

Many thanks

Fred

they are threatening...... yes, like I could threaten a plague of locusts if you dont pay.

First of all where your employers unit is does it have designated parking in a larger car park or is it a self contained area?

Secondly what does the signage there say as this isnt a fine, it is a contractual matter and we need to know about the contract offered by UKPC and whetehr there is any relevance to the issue of permits in the first place.

UKPC are irresolute liars when it comes to matters like this, they say they have attached tickets on vehicles when they havent, they send out incorrect NTK aand then when they realise they have screwed up send them out again with a false date on to make it look like it was correctly issued.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

The units have no allocated parking , all employees or visitors try to park outside the respective business .

There is 6 units all in a row so a lot of deliveries , visitors & traffic .

There is a sign on a wall but I don't know what it states .

I no longer work for the company so not able to look unless I make a special visit .

Thanks

Fred

The location is NW106JP , Sunbeam road .

The letter is headed " Notification Letter " in red ink .

The letter claims they wrote me previously , I have received no " other " letter .

Your vehicle was in breach of the terms & conditions which were clearly displayed & this was agreed by the driver when your vehicle was parked on private land .

Despite issuing a parking charge & writing to you previously we have not received a payment ,

as the 28 days has elapsed , you , the registered keeper of the vehicle can be made liable for the parking charge .

If full payment is not made within 14 days , or you have not provided the drivers details then the charge will be passed to our debt collection agency .

Following on from this , & if necessary , we will commence county court proceedings against you for the outstanding amount , interest & court costs . If the court orders judgement against you , & payment is not made , a warrant may also be issued for the court appointed bailiff to recover payment , at this point you would also become liable for additional fees of the enforcement agency .

Many thanks

Fred

Looking at the road on Google Streetview (though this may have changed since the images were captured) there are so many differing signs all along that road that relate to parking restrictions of one form or another. UKPC aren't going to stand a chance of "proving" what they claim to manage and what they don't.

Do you live anywhere near there now that you could have a wander down the road taking pictures of anything and everything that relates to parking. If it is the same there now their claim is a non starter. All you'd need to say is that you were obeying one of the many other parking signs and didn't see theirs.

Again, assuming that it's the same now. There are signs from FlashPark, UKPC, It looks like CPM though I can't quite make out the logo as well as many others that have just been nailed to anything that didn't move fast enough.

It looks like an explosion in a parking signs factory :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

date of letter and date of supposed event.

I am helping a friend with a UKPC matter and the correspondence he has received is outside the protocols of the POFA so I suspect that they have decided that they have failed so badly to keep within the law they are now just inventing their own phrases and sending out letters at random and saying they comply when they know they dont.

No notices at all at the entrance to the estate and most of the signs scattered about are prohibitive in nature so you cant be sued for a breach of contract as there isnt one, just possible trespass.

Now your problem is UKPC are REEAAALY thick so they will probably take this further and for that reason decent pictures of exactly where you were parked would be very useful. Also knowing who your company's landlord is would help so give us some detail into the name of your co and we will try and dig a bit.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi Ericsbrother ,

the date of the first letter I received was 05/02/2018 , but they claim to have sent previous correspondence which I have no knowledge of .

I will make a trip over during the week as the gates run on an entry card system & as I no longer work for the company I cant access the road on a weekend .

Would it be OK to send you the company name via PM as I don't want to alert UKPC on a public forum? .

The company I worked for asked for a scan of the parking charge & were going to contact UKPC as 2 of us were ticketed in a week & they are a constant pain to visitors etc. .

I also have no knowledge of what, if anything, was done but they were also making noises about contacting the landlord because of UKPC .

My car was parked directly outside the unit by the entry door ,

whoever issued the ticket would know that it belonged to an employee of this unit but obviously they don't care .

Many thanks for your help , it is greatly appreciated

The date on the letter , 05/02/2018 , I did not receive the letter until 07/02/2018 .

date of the parking event was?

you cant half read things and expect proper help. Start paying attention very carefully to what is written here and in the letters you receive as with most things the devil is in the detail

as for playing grandmothers footsteps with the name of the company, you dont work for them any more so it wont matter. It wouldnt identify you anyway so start helping yourself. If UKPC employ someone who can read then good, they may start to learn form their many mistakes if they read these pages and learn to behave and possibly keep their directors out of prison with their new found knowledge.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

date of the parking event was?

you cant half read things and expect proper help. Start paying attention very carefully to what is written here and in the letters you receive as with most things the devil is in the detail

as for playing grandmothers footsteps with the name of the company, you dont work for them any more so it wont matter. It wouldnt identify you anyway so start helping yourself. If UKPC employ someone who can read then good, they may start to learn form their many mistakes if they read these pages and learn to behave and possibly keep their directors out of prison with their new found knowledge.

Parking ticket was issued on 04/12/2017. Issued at 13.45.

Company - Medstrom , 13-15 sunbeam road , NW10 6JP.

As previously stated , I did not receive the first letter , the only letter I have received is dated 05/12/2018 .

UKPC are famous for their "disappearing ticket" windscreen tickets. they have been prosecuted for it and it has been witnessed may times and works like this. The attendant paces a ticket on the car, photorgaphs it in situ and then removes it so te first thing the motorist knows about it is when receiveing the NTK a month later. Why do this? It negates the discount period and makes it harder for people to remember what they were doing that day and they wont be able to phtograph their own vehicle to show discrepancies with the ticket information ( very useful when the attendant alters his clock to make it look like an overstay has occurred)

Post up the letter you got as UKPC also dont send out the NTK's properly and tyhe claim th badly worded letter isnt the NTK but just a polite reminder before the official NTK (often too late).

So letter too late to be a NTK that creates a keeper liability as that must arrive between 29-56 days after the date of the event.

So, this may well be the correct letter just not sent at the correct time and it may be worthless to UKPC bcause the wording is wrong.

also, is company involved in othotics, orthopaedics etc. If not what is the nature of their business. There are good reasons for asking this.

The company's business is medical equipment supply , bed management in hospitals & maintenance contracts . I am a service engineer , we had a 4hr response time when alerted by hospitals. I will get the letter scanned & uploaded tomorrow , what happens about the time scale of 14 days to pay or else ? .

what happens about the time scale of 14 days to pay or else ? .

You let them go for "or else" and waste their money. You don't owe them a single penny and if they try taking you to court, they may just end up owing you a few quid on top of what they've already spent :wink:

Can we please get some up to date pictures of signage, if the signs that appear on Googly Streetnose from 2016 are still there, then that's just another trap that they're going to fall in to :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Reason I asked is because the company is in such a parlous state financially they are barred from enetering into any contracts with anyone without their bank's say so and this has been the case since 2011. That menas that even agreeing to a permit scheme is theoretically outside their demesne. That leave you in a position whre UKPC can never offer you anything and any scheme for parking wouldnt apply and you would be trespassing and that it outside the interest of UKPC. This isnt something that should be argued on its own but as an extra nail in their coffin

The company's business is medical equipment supply , bed management in hospitals & maintenance contracts . I am a service engineer , we had a 4hr response time when alerted by hospitals. I will get the letter scanned & uploaded tomorrow , what happens about the time scale of 14 days to pay or else ? .

• 1 month later...

Hello , sorry for the delay in this matter but I have been away on an urgent family matter so priorities needed elsewhere.

OK, I have had a final letter from in regards to this matter from UKPC`s debut collectors , informing me that I have until the 22nd of March to pay the outstanding amount of 160.00 , make arrangements to do so or they will recommend their client proceeds with court action . I have never made contact with either UKPC or their debut collection department

I have a photo of the signage that is in place at the units but I can`t work out how to upload it on here , any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fred.

Hover your mouse over the word upload and a pop up window will appear with a link to the uploading guide :wink:

Ok 2 things about this.

1 you were authorised and as such UKPC dont have a reason to claim a breach of contract

the sign say No unauthorised parking so if you didnt have authorisation then you arent being offered anything so no contract to breach. their demand isnt for a contractual consideration because thereis no genuine offer of anything just a sign saying "go away". If you dont go away then the landowner may decide that your vehicle can be removed from there but where to? Not the public highway and the shifitng will be at their own expense. however this is nowt to do with mickey mouse parking ltd as they dont have any aauthority ro right to make that decision and the POF was brought in because clamping and removal by third parties is now illegal and severely limited even if a landowner wants to.

the letters from the dca are just hollow threats, they have no interest in any of this and note that they have added the usual £60 unicorn food tax as well without explaining how this came about. they do this as peopel think that if they delay any furhter the amount will go up to £100 million and their granny will be impounded until they pay. All unlawful but TS arent interested

Ok 2 things about this.

1 you were authorised and as such UKPC dont have a reason to claim a breach of contract

the sign say No unauthorised parking so if you didnt have authorisation then you arent being offered anything so no contract to breach. their demand isnt for a contractual consideration because thereis no genuine offer of anything just a sign saying "go away". If you dont go away then the landowner may decide that your vehicle can be removed from there but where to? Not the public highway and the shifitng will be at their own expense. however this is nowt to do with mickey mouse parking ltd as they dont have any aauthority ro right to make that decision and the POF was brought in because clamping and removal by third parties is now illegal and severely limited even if a landowner wants to.

the letters from the dca are just hollow threats, they have no interest in any of this and note that they have added the usual £60 unicorn food tax as well without explaining how this came about. they do this as peopel think that if they delay any furhter the amount will go up to £100 million and their granny will be impounded until they pay. All unlawful but TS arent interested

Thanks for the info , as I have never contacted UKPC / debut collectors or appealed in this matter . Should I continue to ignore ?