old Blackhorse Car finance default filed 5yrs late

deimosboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The background everything went off he rails when my business failed years ago prioritised the mortgage to keep a roof over our heads so ended up unable to pay the car loan.

2010 the door bell went man here to repossess my car, I moved the car to a friends with the aim to avoid repo and privately sell. It did not sell.

As the balance was not large I thought I would hold onto the car and pay it off when I got back on my feet. The damage was done no payments and two attempted repo's credit file goosed.

Forward a year on in 2011 the car is repo'd.

The debt fell off my CRA file but appeared last week with a default date of 2015 with the notice being on my record as Jan 18 the month it appears.

How do I handle this I need it removed, I probably received default letters etc at the time. Under the ICO guidelines the repo itself would be when a default would be established, no payments from early 2010 again more than 6 months so under ICO guidelines would be establish the default date in 2010.

I have not spoken with or written to lender since 2010 so this is SB.

My question is once SB is it always SB?

So am I safe to complain to the lender Black Horse and enter correspondence?

Is there any guidance/ template on the letter to Black Horse and template for complaining to ICO?

What are the timescales to realistic have this addressed as we are looking at a mortgage, historic defaults not worried about but this is the only one on my file and being updated in Jan 18 showing £1500 its going to cause a real problem.

Thanks again in advance for your excellent advice and support.

Kind regards

J

Once SB it's ALWAYS SB, they can 'ask' for the money back, but they cannot take any legal action to get it.

As for the erroneous default marker appearing, first port of call would be to the CRA reporting it, inform them that the data they are processing is inaccurate and to remove it or legal action may be taken, (Defamation £1000 minimum)

Whose name is against the default?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I personally wouldn't send that letter no.

I'd place a notice of correction on my CRF against the inaccurate entry, and complain to the CRA about processing inaccurate data.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

simply write to BH pointing out briefly about the 2010 repos and when the third missed payment was

include proof if you have it

give them 14 days to rectify the error else you'll complain to the ICO and seek monetary compensation.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the Blackhorse forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...