B+S Enforcement Process Commensed Letter over recycled CTAX debt - sent to Care of address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would appear the Council have obtained a Liability Order against your mum - possibly one department not talking to another. I assume they have your details as next of kin. You are going to have to ask the Council for more info and also ask they notify B&S to suspend any action whilst they investigate.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attachment unapproved as it contains reference numbers that are still visible

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I don't think the letter is saying you personally must pay. It's addressed to your mother - everything after the 'C/O' is just where they have sent it to her, it's the contact address they have been given. It's not claiming you personally are responsible for your mother's unpaid Council Tax.

Do you hold Financial Power of Attorney for your mother?

She used to live in in Bucks. Does she still own the house there (if she ever owned it that is, or was she responsible for Council Tax as a tenant?) Does she have ongoing responsibility for paying CT anywhere?

Do you hold Financial Power of Attorney for your mother?

She used to live in in Bucks. Does she still own the house there (if she ever owned it that is, or was she responsible for Council Tax as a tenant?) Does she have ongoing responsibility for paying CT anywhere?

To Question 1 : No I dont Cut a long story short a nother family member , Isolated her and made the relevant authorities believed it was only the 2 of them .. Only reason I found out was I turned up out of the blue and walked in on a meeting with Social services . By then it was too late .

She still owns her house and the council know where she is ..As for responsibility for paying , She has none and even if she did would have no concept of what it was ...

attachment sorted in post 1

that's the 2nd recycled CTAX B+S thread this week

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?484633-Bristow-amp-Sutor-Recycled-Council-Tax-%A3220-%A3310-added-on!!

yes I wonder what this is too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

retitled and moved to the bailiff forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This letter arrived today regards my Mother . She is in a care home suffering Vascular Dementia. I live in Northants , She lived in Bucks..

Letter sent C/O to me demanding I pay.

You have had very helpful replies to your query and you will now be aware that the letter from Bristow & Sutor is not demanding payment from you at all.

You need to be speaking today with the local authority who your mother supposedly owes council tax to and provide evidence that she is in a care home. It will be for the council to withdraw the account from B&S. Please do update the thread once you have spoken with them.